Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: Some of my Dinky toys

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 8 months ago #106

LHD aimed at the American market perhaps?

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 8 months ago #107

Platinum Boarder
could be, although Corgi made theirs right hand drive.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 4 months ago #108

Platinum Boarder
This Pathe News Fiat has been in my collection for years, it had the cameraman but missing the tail gates , I replaced them & after a tedious task of carefully prizeing down the glazeing i managed to compete it with out tacking the base off.

If you Goggle Pathe News "Busy Bobby" there is a very special link to me & the policeman on the Vellocette & the lady who opens the door to him.

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, RoutemasterNL

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 4 months ago #109

Superb video.
That is a great document to remind your parents.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 4 months ago #110

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks , that is my dad & my mum's step mum, I think that I mentioned on here before regarding the international Toy's Vellocette that my dad was the first officer in the met to ride one due to his accident inquiries roll.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 4 months ago #111

Platinum Boarder
nice model. Hope to have one of my own one day

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 4 months ago #112

Platinum Boarder
If you get one incomplete with good paint the re-pro parts are very good

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 4 months ago #113

Platinum Boarder
Do you still have all his soldiers?  and guns and paintings... and ...  Quite a talented man!

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 4 months ago #114

Platinum Boarder
My mum still has some of his soldiers in a cabinet,he used to enter a monthly competition with them & in the end the organisers said could he let some one else have a chance of winning , the guns were sold but she still has the Laughing Cavalier picture with the letter from the Wallace Collection on the back giving him permission to paint it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 3 months ago #115

Platinum Boarder
I got this Vote For Somebody Mini van this week , I bought a re-pro figure which is metal & some re-pro rear doors, I am looking for something to make the missing speaker from , this is a hard to find model & I have the original to compare with , the figure was made of plastic & all that is missing from mine is the mike & lead.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 3 months ago #116

Platinum Boarder

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 3 months ago #117

Platinum Boarder
This will do for now , I need to get a better match on the orange & keep a look out for a better "cone"

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 3 months ago #118

Gold Boarder
Steve Flowers does whitemetal speakers for the early postwar Loudspeaker Van, you may be able to adapt part of this casting if it compares well with yours, or remove your one existing plastic cone and substitute both metal ones instead to keep the "balance".
- Just a thought!
Kevin.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 3 months ago #119

Platinum Boarder
He also has the speaker for this #492 Mini Van. I am assuming it is just one speaker horn as it is £1.05
Last Edit: 5 years, 3 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Some of my Dinky toys 5 years, 3 months ago #120

Nice Dinky!!

You could use a golf tee (for placing the golf ball on)

Last Edit: 5 years, 3 months ago by RoutemasterNL.
Moderators: andyman7