Dinky Toys That Never Exixted!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: Dinky Toys That Never Exixted!

Re: Dinky Toys That Never Exixted! 2 years, 7 months ago #76

superb!

Re: Dinky Toys That Never Exixted! 2 years, 7 months ago #77

Platinum Boarder
Very impressive Jim. Good that you added in between pictures of what you are doing. I see in your first picture that book underneath (from Mikansue?) has a lot of detailed dimenisons in it. Do you have a picture with what you originally started from? It would be even more understandable where the lower chassis with mudguards comes from.

Re: Dinky Toys That Never Exixted! 2 years, 7 months ago #78

Platinum Boarder
Jim, having now seen the pictures of what you mentioned in your first post, I am very impressed but having that sort of machinary is certainly a big help. When I do the sort of work you have shown, I have to do it all by hand, no vice, no drills not even a work bench, so imagine how long it takes me to do this amount of work...

A 43rd scale diecast Franklin Mint Silver Ghost stripped to the bare chassis. It will have working suspension and steering.

It was a project I started while caring for my Dad, but events took over with him passing away earlier this Year and I am waiting for the encouragement to get back into modelling so I can carry on and hopefully finish it!

Your tanker is interesting as I don't recall a model being converted back to the status of pre-pro or prototype, it is a great looking model and well worth all your time and patience, thank's for showing it.

Rollerman.

Re: Dinky Toys That Never Exixted! 2 years, 7 months ago #79

Platinum Boarder
very impressive

Re: Dinky Toys That Never Exixted! 2 years, 7 months ago #80

Junior Boarder
I'm home now from hospital, and had my daughter reach into my toy collection and remove a few. Here are a few more phots of the tanker (it was nice to hold it after the long while!)

The bottom view, showing the driveshafts. In another thread, I described the use of 2-56 button head socket screws to replace drilled out rivets. They can be seen here in many locations on the chassis.

Everything still opens. The number of tank hatches is reduced to five, as I shortened the tank to match the drawing in the book.

The front grill, bumper and windshield got a good buffing with polishing compound, as the donor Leyland dump truck was rather dull.

The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Dinky Toys That Never Exixted! 10 months, 3 weeks ago #81

Platinum Boarder
<p>Well I've finished at last - my Commer Refuse Wagon - the coming together of a Commer 25X/430 Cab &amp; Chassis and a Bedford 25V/252 Refuse Container. It's taken rather longer than I had planned but that's life but still a labour of love!</p>
<p>Here are a few preparation shots - well there would be along with some of the finished item if only I could work out shots are loaded now, done it many times before but things have changed.</p>
<p>Either I'm getting older or things are not as easy on here as they used to be, probably me getting older!</p>
<p>Hugh</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>
<hr id="system-readmore" />
</p>

Re: Dinky Toys That Never Exixted! 10 months, 3 weeks ago #82

Platinum Boarder
Hugh, welcome back to the not so good working PD. I would love to see your conversion as I also did one a while ago now. They do take a bit of time but will worth it in the end.
To show pictures here go to postimages.org/ and click on 'Choose Image" That takes you to your computer where you can pick the pictures you want to place in your post. After choosing the pictures, the screen will load them and give you a list to choose from. Third from the Bottom of the list is 'Hot links for forums'. Click on the little blue icon of the pages on the far right of that line and then paste the text into your post where you want it. Then upload the post
Also, ONLY use "Quick Reply" That will remove all the HTML code of all those p's in your post.

Re: Dinky Toys That Never Exixted! 10 months, 3 weeks ago #83

Platinum Boarder
Hello Hugh.

Yes, things have changed for the worst around here.

Follow my screen grabs below for the method of posting pictures to the forum.

Before you start just make sure your pictures are resized to about 800 x 600 instead of their original file size.

Re: Dinky Toys That Never Exixted! 10 months, 3 weeks ago #84

Platinum Boarder

This is what will get to your picture folder.

The selected picture appears at top left as a thumb nail so you can be sure it is the correct image.

Go to the 'QUICK REPLY' box and press 'Ctrl' + 'V' together to post the image.

Re: Dinky Toys That Never Exixted! 10 months, 3 weeks ago #85

Platinum Boarder
See all the little blue icons on the right of the line? They are a full page and a turned page (Corner folded) These are the Copy Icons. Just click on one of them and you have the line copied, no need to highlight and copy the line.

Re: Dinky Toys That Never Exixted! 10 months, 3 weeks ago #86

Platinum Boarder
I had to modify the last screen grab because the clicking on the small icon at the right stopped working for me so by clicking on the whole line of code it does the same thing, but if forum members find the icon click works then fine, use that way.

Rollerman.

Re: Dinky Toys That Never Exixted! 10 months, 3 weeks ago #87

Platinum Boarder
I did not know you had that problem.
I have also found out that if you choose multiple pictures at one time you can choose a number of ways to display them, 1 to 4 columns or all in a row. I choose the latter for these photos. All in a row from 2008 a Budgie Wrecker
I also get rid of the extraneous garbage in the post. Get rid of all the URL part of the code and leave the img parts and all that like stuff and advertising about kids names is gone.

Don't forget the last [/url] part.

Re: Dinky Toys That Never Exixted! 10 months, 3 weeks ago #88

Platinum Boarder
The above photos were all 1000 x 600 pixles and 149kb to 222kb in size. They load fast too.

Re: Dinky Toys That Never Exixted! 9 months ago #89

Platinum Boarder

Did this in the hope the picture would appear.

Re: Dinky Toys That Never Exixted! 9 months ago #90

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks for your help Jim - looks like I'm back in business.

Hugh
Moderators: andyman7