Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: Nice combinations

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 9 months ago #616

Platinum Boarder
I should not deceive: the grey one is not ultra-rare, but even unique: an expert restoration! Kind regards, Jan 

Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by janwerner.

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 9 months ago #617

Platinum Boarder
That looks very good in Gray. Thanks for showing us this.

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 9 months ago #618

I really thought you found the holy ambulance grail......
It looks very good, I must say

The box is a very good one too.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 9 months ago #619

Platinum Boarder
Excellent restoration in perfection Jan. Big question who was the expert. Is this person related to PD.

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 8 months ago #620

Platinum Boarder
The French Dinky army of the 1950s, Dinky Toys nos. 80A-F and Dinky Supertoys no. 890, introduced 1957-1959:

Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by janwerner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: blackstone, RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 8 months ago #621

Platinum Boarder
Very nice Jan. Not often you see them all together.

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 8 months ago #622

Platinum Boarder
I must say they are excellent. I suppose you have the GMC too Jan.

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 8 months ago #623

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for your comments! No, the GMC is too late for me. I take 1959 as the chronological collecting limit. No new numbers or renumbered items, no concave hubs, no plastic. 'Unfortunately' the ambulance and the tank transporter always have the windows, but they do complete the set and do not pass the 1959 delimitation year. I am still considering to add a 80BP Jeep with (plastic) driver. Difficult people, some collectors, like me ....
Kind regards, Jan

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 8 months ago #624

Platinum Boarder
1959 it is then Jan and thanks for your explanation regarding your collection.

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 8 months ago #625

Senior Boarder
Jan, I'm not really into military stuff in general but that is a beautiful collection.

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 8 months ago #626

Platinum Boarder
Two of my restorations that I think go nicely together. The Bedford 521 Artic and the Commer 424 Artic

Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Nobleco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 8 months ago #627

Platinum Boarder
'As new' wonderful restorations Jim. I am no restorator. Some twenty years ago, however, I built this never produced Dinky Bedford Streamlined Articulated Petrol Tanker. I see you left your radiator 'blank', without the silvered details. This is exactly what I found so hard to reproduce in a realistic way. Not too firm, not too feeble, not too exact, but still credible. What's your (or others') opinion about this? Kind regards, Jan 

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 8 months ago #628

Platinum Boarder
The Bedford Artic I did quite some time ago when I did not want to attempt doing the grille as the originals were done. Since then I have perfected, well mostly, how to do this. Not tooth picks but a paint brush. fine and Testors Silver paint. Dip the brush into the paint and get a good soak on about half the bristles. My brush is about 1/4" long (6mm). I then wipe most of the paint off by rolling it on a soft absorbent cloth. Then very carfully I dab the brush and lightly stroke the edge of the raised ridge. Time consuming, yes, but rewarding.

The following user(s) said Thank You: janwerner

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 8 months ago #629

Platinum Boarder
I saw this tanker in 2016 when we were over in Holland. It was nice to see the truck, prototypes and the drawings. Something rare to cherish.

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 8 months ago #630

Gold Boarder
Nice Combinations;

Allow me to make a small contribution to this topic
As I am very fond of Dinky Vans I made some conversions of a Dinky 30f Bentley Ambulance over the past few years.

Please see the pics.

Best Regards - Wolter

Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Krul.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, janwerner
Moderators: andyman7