Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: Nice combinations

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 11 months ago #601

Platinum Boarder
Thank you Jan and all the best to you and your family on Christmas Day.

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 11 months ago #602

Have the magazine still sealed in its bag, reading it in the Christmas holidays.

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 10 months ago #603

Platinum Boarder
Sorry I don't know if this one has already been made by someone.

Here's mine.

The following user(s) said Thank You: janwerner

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 10 months ago #604

Platinum Boarder
Good looking Dinky set there Corky thanks for sharing with us some of your finest collection.

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 10 months ago #605

Platinum Boarder
Great combination , nice to see the two together.

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 10 months ago #606

Platinum Boarder
Thank. I've been looking for a while for a Jekta. But It seems hard to find in such a very very near mint condition. All working with pallets, a near mint box and notice.

I like so much its colours.

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 10 months ago #607

Platinum Boarder
Great looking toys and the colors are great together. Good play value in the Pallet-Jecta and they both look great on display. I have yet to do the Bedford for my Pallet-Jecta but it is on the list.

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 10 months ago #608

Platinum Boarder
Be good to see the pallets in action while the forklift is ready to take them away.

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 10 months ago #609

Platinum Boarder
I don't have yet a forklift... But I'm looking for a nice one.

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 10 months ago #610

Platinum Boarder
The Coventry Climax Fork Lift Truck - often seen in combination with the pallet van and explicitly recommended by Meccano as a companion - is in fact a serious scale misfit. The Coventry Climax is modelled on the 1/30 scale, whereas the Bedford Pallet-Jekta Van is made on the familiar 1/48 Dinky Supertoys scale. The fork lift truck should shrink considerably or, on the other hand, the pallet van should proportionately grow in size in order to make a credible match! The pallets themselves, however, seem to have been designed on the 1/30 scale, as they seem huge and do match with the fork lift truck indeed. Kind regards, Jan  

Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by janwerner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 10 months ago #611

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Jan in basic words the Dinky folk lift would be out of scale to the Bedford Van.

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 10 months ago #612

Gold Boarder
Jan, After being a big fan of this Dinky Toy since it was announced, and studying the model and researching the real truck, I have only just (after so many years) realised that the Bedford in the Meccano Magazine artwork is in fact an "A" Type, just like the real one, and not a "D" Type like the toy. How very strange!
- Kevin.

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 10 months ago #613

Platinum Boarder
My Pallet-Jecta, play worn but all there and my original Coventry Fork Lift from the 1950's. I have 2 others to restore but mine says as is. I also have the Conveyancer Fork lift. Pallets are painted brown and those are small wooden blocks on them. I also have a load of bricks on a pallet. Those I have about a half dozen of.

First pallet out and on the ground, not the Conveyancer.

I don't have the winder cord in this one.

I have more pictures of the rear of the truck with the pallets in.

Blocks are in already and then the bricks at the end.

The following user(s) said Thank You: blackstone, RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 10 months ago #614

Platinum Boarder
I managed to add an ultra-rare grey Superior Criterion Ambulance to my regular example, thus making a nice match with the 1940s colour scheme for the no. 30f Ambulance. An unusual nice combination below. Kind regards, Jan 

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: Nice combinations 2 years, 10 months ago #615

Platinum Boarder
Looking Good Jim and thanks for the comparison between those ambulances Jan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco
Moderators: andyman7