Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: Nice combinations

Re: Nice combinations 3 years, 8 months ago #571

Platinum Boarder
The whole mid-1950s Dinky sports cars family (competition finish) together.

From left to right:

108 M.G. Midget Sports, introduced April 1955.

109 Austin Healey Sports 100, introduced May 1955.

107 Sunbeam Alpine Sports, introduced November 1955.

111 Triumph TR2 Sports, introduced February 1956.

110 Aston Martin DB3S Sports, introduced March 1956.

Kind regards, Jan
Last Edit: 3 years, 8 months ago by janwerner.

Re: Nice combinations 3 years, 8 months ago #572

Nice looking set of sportscars!

Re: Nice combinations 3 years, 8 months ago #573

Platinum Boarder
Fabulous work, they look great!

Re: Nice combinations 3 years, 8 months ago #574

Platinum Boarder
Thanks again Jan for more of your excellent Dinky collection built up over decades. I notice those blue hubs and interior usage on two of your sports cars. My question is did Dinky use this colour for a certain period time on other Dinky Toys having the same colour too.

Many Cheers.
Last Edit: 3 years, 8 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Nice combinations 3 years, 8 months ago #575

Platinum Boarder
Hi all, thank you for your comment. Jim, the bright shade of medium blue is the blue referred to by the factory as: 'G/33 Blue'. It is the familiar gloss medium blue used on many 1950s Dinky Toys. Examples: the base of the Goods Yard Crane, the main colour of the later blue/cream finish of the Austin Covered Wagon, the early monotone Studebaker Land-Cruiser etc. It took me 38 years indeed completing this range of sports cars in competition finish, and especially: bringing it to this quality level. The fine red M.G. is a recent replacement of a poor, faded and touched up example. Of some, but not all, I have the second colour versions as well. Kind regards, Jan

Re: Nice combinations 3 years, 8 months ago #576

Platinum Boarder
Thank you Jan, you have answered my questions of Dinky G/33 Blue colour. Yes I remember the Austin Covered Wagon in that colour from way back in my childhood days. Wow 38 years collecting fantastic.

Many Cheers.
Last Edit: 3 years, 8 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Nice combinations 3 years, 8 months ago #577

Platinum Boarder
A very colorful but even more tasteful line up of British heritage sports cars.

This is sheer class.

Re: Nice combinations 3 years, 8 months ago #578

Platinum Boarder
I agree with Gerrit, Classy indeed. Nice to see them all together and in such good condition. You must have a great feeling having all in your collection. I would be elated. Do you have the Civilian models too?

Re: Nice combinations 3 years, 8 months ago #579

Platinum Boarder
Reaching such a 'collecting milestone' like completing a series after so many years is very satisfactory indeed, Jim. No, the civilian group is far from complete yet, that is, in the fine condition I'd like to complete it. Finding affordable excellent older models takes a lot of time, patience and perseverance, as we all know. Kind regards, Jan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, GunnerJim

Re: Nice combinations 3 years, 8 months ago #580

Platinum Boarder
WOW! That Dinky Sports Collection is simply art to me. Such vibrant colours and the models themselves are so pleasing to gaze at. Mint condition too of course being in your collection 

Re: Nice combinations 3 years, 8 months ago #581

Platinum Boarder
janwerner wrote:
The whole mid-1950s Dinky sports cars family (competition finish) together.

From left to right:

108 M.G. Midget Sports, introduced April 1955.

109 Austin Healey Sports 100, introduced May 1955.

107 Sunbeam Alpine Sports, introduced November 1955.

111 Triumph TR2 Sports, introduced February 1956.

110 Aston Martin DB3S Sports, introduced March 1956.

Kind regards, Jan

The best combination I ever saw. Congrats !

Re: Nice combinations 3 years, 6 months ago #582

Platinum Boarder
The nice combination below is inspired by page 7 of the French Dinky Toys catalogue of 1961. In fact a rather illogical combination of an early 1950s couple and a newly introduced couple of the early 1960s. The articulated tanker, no. 32c, Tracteur Panhard avec semi-remorque citerne 'Esso', was introduced as early as 1954, and the French railways articulated lorry, no. 32ab Tracteur Panhard avec semi-remorque S.N.C.F., even earlier, in 1952.

The remarkable road sweeper, no. 596 LMV Arroseuse balayeuse, however, was very recently introduced, in 1960, and the covered lorry, no. 584 Berliet GAK baché, an introduction of 1961, was presented here for the first time.

The picture, the unusual photo inset below left, shows three sweepers in action in Paris. The red/green representation of the covered lorry (also the box illustration), has never been made available (except for the recent Atlas reproduction). 

Kind regards, Jan
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by janwerner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: Nice combinations 3 years, 5 months ago #583

Platinum Boarder
Just got this Leyland test truck ; it was painted (got rid of that ) and needs a steering wheel. Nice feature is the rotating drive shaft 

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Nice combinations 3 years, 5 months ago #584

Platinum Boarder
Lovely model and combination! Kind regards, Jan

Re: Nice combinations 3 years, 4 months ago #585

Platinum Boarder
A nice combination of Dinky farm produce wagons (left to right):

30n/343 Dodge Farm Produce Wagon (1950-1964)
25A Ford bétaillère (1950-1953)
25f Market Gardiner's Wagon (type 3, 1946-1948)

A nice combination of two examples of Miroitier Simca ‘Cargo’, the yellow one and the more common grey version (1955-1967)

Kind regards, Jan
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by janwerner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL
Moderators: andyman7