Create your own Dinky Toys collection calendar
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: Create your own Dinky Toys collection calendar

Re: Create your own Dinky Toys collection calendar 8 years, 2 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Great job Jan, I'd love a Dinky calender, just something great to look at when sat at my desk instead of Animals which are nice to look at but Dinkys are much better.

Re: Create your own Dinky Toys collection calendar 7 years, 3 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
An early one this year, ample nice photos in my file archives, enabling a rather quick design and production of my newest private calendar, for 2015. Always big fun and satisfaction to compile. The more experience and ideas, the better it gets!

Kind regards, Jan
Last Edit: 7 years, 3 months ago by janwerner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: blackstone

Re: Create your own Dinky Toys collection calendar 7 years, 3 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Great idea, tastefully crafted, and a joy to look at.

10/10 stuff.

Re: Create your own Dinky Toys collection calendar 7 years, 3 months ago #19

SUPERB !

Re: Create your own Dinky Toys collection calendar 7 years, 3 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
They look very professional Jan and I fully endorse the use of both Rolls-Royce and Bentley models on that last one...

...reminds me of a Calendar I purchased from Rolls-Royce with all Rolls-Royce and Bentley models featured. Will have to find it and post some images here for you.

Regards,

TheRollerman.

Re: Create your own Dinky Toys collection calendar 7 years, 3 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Lovely, aren't they? I posted the Bentley Ambulance recently, as a proud new acquisition, and I immediately entered its picture into the calendar. The RR quartet of April just happened to grow. In fact this model (with windows, suspension etc.) is beyond my scope of collecting. However, the one on/in the large lettered red/yellow box is an old one of my brother's. As the Dinky Silver Wraith is far from rare or expensive it was not difficult to complement my brother's RR with the others, of which the French one is less current and the British yellow box without picture is remarkable. And I must confess, it's a beautiful model after all! Kind regards, Jan

Re: Create your own Dinky Toys collection calendar 6 years, 3 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Last week I started selecting and gathering pictures for my new private Dinky Toys calendar for 2016. To my surprise the prints ordered were available today already. It's always a surprise and exciting to see how the compositions made onscreen materialized on paper. And I can say I am not disappointed. The quality shown here is a bit poorer because they are photos made from photos. Still, I hope you like and enjoy them! Kind regards, Jan

Kind regards, Jan
Last Edit: 6 years, 3 months ago by janwerner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: blackstone

Re: Create your own Dinky Toys collection calendar 6 years, 3 months ago #23

Very very nice!

Re: Create your own Dinky Toys collection calendar 6 years, 3 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
I love your work on these calendars and all with your own toys too. Love December.

Re: Create your own Dinky Toys collection calendar 6 years, 3 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
Jan, these are well up to your usual very high standards and must surely be collectors items of the future.

Thank you for bringing them here to the forum, I know you are a very busy person with a finger in many Pies, so we appreciate you coming here with your expertise on the Dinky brand and displaying your professional approach to photography.

Rollerman.

Re: Create your own Dinky Toys collection calendar 6 years, 3 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
One day, ten years from now, I am walking into a bookstore and find a voluminous book: The Collected Dinky Toys Calender Works of Jan Werner.

That would be something. With a limited series of leather bound copies, signed by the author.

Re: Create your own Dinky Toys collection calendar 6 years, 3 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
Thank you for your comments, guys!
Too much honour, Gerrit, it's just fun creating (and sharing) this! Regards, Jan
Last Edit: 6 years, 3 months ago by janwerner.

Re: Create your own Dinky Toys collection calendar 6 years, 3 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
Very nice and creative job.

It is worth from far many commercial calendars.

Re: Create your own Dinky Toys collection calendar 5 years, 2 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
Just received the 2017 private collection calendar, the result of my favourite annual job at the end of the year. Because the former producer of my calendar discontinued its service - that is, with the software that I appreciated so much - I changed over to another. It took some time to understand their software - and I probably did not discover all options yet - but I'm not unhappy with the result. It's even wider than my previous calendars (42 cm, instead of 35 cm), the paper is slightly thinner, but quite acceptable, and the finish is matt/satin, instead of shiny (which makes the pictures slightly less brilliant). It arrived within one week after uploading!

The colours may deviate a little bit, because they are photos of photos and the light is rather poor these days. 

I hope you like it, kind regards, Jan
Last Edit: 5 years, 2 months ago by janwerner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Create your own Dinky Toys collection calendar 5 years, 2 months ago #30

Superb Jan!
Oktober is my favorite
Moderators: andyman7