Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ford Sedan 170 lowline

Ford Sedan 170 lowline 1 week, 6 days ago #1

Expert Boarder
<p>I am looking for a lowline box, if ever one existed. If not then I will create one</p>
Last Edit: 1 week, 6 days ago by mrjeff.

Re: Ford Sedan 170 lowline 1 week, 5 days ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I looked on my two box maker CD's and nothing for any of the Ford Fordor cars. Sorry, can't help you out.

Re: Ford Sedan 170 lowline 1 week, 5 days ago #3

Platinum Boarder
All I can find on the net is highline or solid color. $17.00 plus $5.+ shipping.

Re: Ford Sedan 170 lowline 1 week, 1 day ago #4

Expert Boarder
Yes thank you, I do not believe that a lowline box ever existed. However I have another request for information. When I make a box from scratch, the dimensions I use are just a little bigger than the actual model, maybe 2-3mm larger.

Perhaps if you have an original box you could measure it and see if this is a good guide.

Re: Ford Sedan 170 lowline 1 week, 1 day ago #5

I dont have an original box, but I think 2-3mm larger is a good start

Re: Ford Sedan 170 lowline 1 week, 1 day ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I don't have a box either. I do have some Atlas boxes for what I bought but not sure if any of them would fit the Ford. Maybe the Citroen DS box?

Re: Ford Sedan 170 lowline 1 week, 1 day ago #7

Expert Boarder
So this is my attempt. I now need a cream over blue to complete the other side.

xhove.com/dinkycorgi/pagedk/boxtemplates...an&boxmake=Dinky

Re: Ford Sedan 170 lowline 1 week ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Looks good. You have a talent my friend.
I have tried to make boxes but my graphics program won't work properly on Windows 10 anymore. I can only print what I have already made or copy and paste but to make boxes I need a whole new program and I don't want to buy one.

Re: Ford Sedan 170 lowline 1 week ago #9

Expert Boarder
Thank you,

It takes a while to get it right and I use Photoshop, have been using it for years and it did need an upgrade after Windows 10 did some upgrades. There are a few tricks I had to learn and overall I don't see many that equal mine.

Where I can't find a scan of an original box I pick what I can from images on the internet and extrapolate what I can and size them according to the model size + 2-3mm.

Perhaps, regarding the Ford Sedan Lowline, I will start a topic "Boxes that never existed".

Re: Ford Sedan 170 lowline 5 days, 16 hours ago #10

You have got a great website Jeff, lots of interesting photos and articles. Thanks for the link
  • Page:
Moderators: andyman7