From My Dinky Collection
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group
  • Page:

TOPIC: From My Dinky Collection

From My Dinky Collection 1 week, 3 days ago #1

Expert Boarder
<p>275, Brinks Armoured Car. Not so fond of this one and will probably sell it again.  Missing one mirror but I've got replacements on order.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: From My Dinky Collection 1 week, 3 days ago #2

Expert Boarder
435, Bedford TK Tipper. Very well preserved, no box, a favourite:

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: From My Dinky Collection 1 week, 3 days ago #3

Expert Boarder
I bought these as a group recently for a very good price. I've replaced the tyres on two of them and think the Talbot's driver and grille may have been touched up:

Re: From My Dinky Collection 1 week, 3 days ago #4

Expert Boarder
This one came up nicely after a good clean (except for the base!):

Re: From My Dinky Collection 1 week, 3 days ago #5

Expert Boarder
Supertoys Horse Box, surprisingly light considering its size:

The following user(s) said Thank You: janwerner

Re: From My Dinky Collection 1 week, 3 days ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Yours does not look like it has been apart. Your rivets look the same as one I have here. Original but play worn. The reason it seems so light for it size is that is is made out of Aluminum. Dinky did that with a number of models to save on shipping costs to North America as well as other countries like Canada. The trailer on the Pullmore car Transporter is Aluminum and so is the Avro Vulcan Delta Bomber although early ones were made of Mazak. They also had problems with the wing tips on the Avro and the adjusted the mold accordingly. Apparently the Aluminum did not want to flow into the tips of the wings so they lopped them off with a blunt end. There are others made from Aluminum and there is a list on here somewhere and also in Jacques DuJardin's Dinky Toys Encyclopedia.
Your Brinks truck looks in good condition and the Bedford Dump truck looks in really nice shape. Did you know the sides also drop down. Called a Side dump truck, or side dumper
The taxi I see has the license plate up front. Not all have that. I have 3 and only one has not license plate under the bumper. It is too bad about that silver paint though.
Your racers look good too. Nice find. I have 2 full sets all restored.
The following user(s) said Thank You: peekay

Re: From My Dinky Collection 1 week, 1 day ago #7

That is a nice collection Peekay, thanks for sharing. I have both the Bedford tipper and the Horsebox. Restored of course
  • Page:
Moderators: andyman7