Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group
  • Page:

TOPIC: Christmas Goodies

Christmas Goodies 8 months, 4 weeks ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>All can put up here some of the toys they may have received for Christmas or over the holidays.</p>

Re: Christmas Goodies 8 months, 4 weeks ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I am starting off with a very nice Dinky 4 Berth Caravan #188. One I have searched long and hard for but they all seem to go for very high prices in this condition. I got this nice example, which is complete, for $35.00 plus about $5.00 for shipping along with another Dinky.

Re: Christmas Goodies 8 months, 4 weeks ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Along with the caravan I also bought from the same seller a Dinky 25X/430 Commer Wrecker to restore. I already have a new winder handle, hook and cord for it so it is on my winter restoration list.

I hope it is not too long to get to this wrecker. there are 5 cars still here in my desk waiting for restoration.

Re: Christmas Goodies 8 months, 3 weeks ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Winder, Hook with wire insert, Green cord and the spring for the winder.

I can also get the full jib with spring and hook.

And of course we need new tires.

Re: Christmas Goodies 8 months, 3 weeks ago #5

Platinum Boarder
About that jib. I was a bit disappointed when it arrived but after a good soak in Vinegar it was just fine and painted up nicely. That one was for a customer restoration some years ago now.

Re: Christmas Goodies 8 months, 3 weeks ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I think I will use these tires though. They look more like the originals.

Re: Christmas Goodies 8 months, 3 weeks ago #7

good choice on the tires I think. What color to be restored in?

Re: Christmas Goodies 8 months, 3 weeks ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Ordered mid-November I could not imagine that this very nice Dinky 979 Newmarket Racehorse Transport would turn out to be a Christmas present. It took almost five weeks to arrive from the UK, due to delay caused by Corona, Brexit, Christmas. Now this also appears to be the final addition for the collection for this year. The poor horse couple is still sealed in the small plastic bag for sixty years already! Kind regards, Jan

The following user(s) said Thank You: blackstone

Re: Christmas Goodies 8 months, 3 weeks ago #9

Fabulous looking Horse transporter. An aluminium one I suppose?

Re: Christmas Goodies 8 months, 3 weeks ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Yes, Theo, like the trailer for the Pullmore Car Transporter, and the big Car Carrier and Trailer, the horse box was made of aluminium. The aluminium components were all cast in Smethwick, by the Birmingham Aluminium Casting Company, and not by the Meccano factory. Kind regards, Jan

Re: Christmas Goodies 8 months, 3 weeks ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Theo, I have not decided what color yet but it may just be as original as this will be the first one for myself I have done. I do have my original from the 1950's in decent condition showing my play wear from back in my boy hood.
Jan, exceptional find and nice to see it still has its original horses. Sealed in a bag no less. Hard to find like this these days.
  • Page:
Moderators: andyman7