Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group
  • Page:

TOPIC: Custom Landrover

Custom Landrover 2 months, 3 weeks ago #1

Junior Boarder
<p>Can anyone shed some light on why the Custom Landrover is so elusive?</p>
<p>Ive recently purchased the Vanpire Transit, Custom Corvette,Stock car and custom Range Rover, so wanted to round off the set.</p>
<p>Looked everywhere and the only one I could find was in France, for £180!</p>
<p>cheers</p>
<p>Daz.</p>
Last Edit: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Bioshock.

Re: Custom Landrover 2 months, 3 weeks ago #2

Junior Boarder
And why am I getting those annoying P’s in my sentences!

Re: Custom Landrover 2 months, 3 weeks ago #3

I can't help with the 'p's, sorry, but the simple answer re the Custom Landrover is that less of them were made. The whole 'Custom' series were later production items, most with 1979 copyright dates (the Dinky factory closed in November 1979). But the one that presumably came out the last was the Landrover, whatever the reason far less of them were made so unlike the other models they really are quite hard to find. £180 is fishing a bit but expect to pay up to £100 to secure it.

I own a factory pre-production model of the Custom Landrover, if I can ever get the picture uploads to work for me again on this site I'll post some images.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bioshock

Re: Custom Landrover 2 months, 3 weeks ago #4

Junior Boarder
Ahh, many thanks.
I’ll just have to keep my eyes out for one when it comes up.
Funnily enough, the Range Rover was the cheapest, then the corvette, the stock car and the transit being the dearest.
Not sure if they came out in that order?
Cheers
Daz

Re: Custom Landrover 2 months, 3 weeks ago #5

I'm not sure either and some of it will be down to demand rather than numbers but your experience sounds right, the Corvette and Range Rover can be picked up pretty cheaply, the Stock Car is a bit harder to find and the Transit is a more popular model (possibly because it's a Ford) so prices tend to be a bit firmer for that one too.

Re: Custom Landrover 2 months, 3 weeks ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Daz, when you post here always use the Quick Reply on the bottom right of the screen. That will eliminate the P's. If you edit the post though, they will come back so proof read your post before posting is the best way to make sure they are not there.

Re: Custom Landrover 2 months, 3 weeks ago #7

Junior Boarder
Great!
Thanks for that.
Seemed really weird with all those <p>‘s !

Re: Custom Landrover 2 months, 3 weeks ago #8

Platinum Boarder
We have had some problems and the owners don't seem to want to put us on a new platform, at least not yet. Last year they told me they would but we are a low priority it would seem. Any other problems, just ask.
  • Page:
Moderators: andyman7