Dinky? does any one know what this is? ...It Is Tekno!!!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: Dinky? does any one know what this is? ...It Is Tekno!!!

Re: Dinky? does any one know what this is? 7 months, 1 week ago #31

Platinum Boarder
I have a few different variations of these dodge trucks by both tekno and vilmer. They are packed away so not readily accessible but if I remember correctly are the vilmers not smaller?

Re: Dinky? does any one know what this is? 7 months, 1 week ago #32

Platinum Boarder
Both companies made different sizes! Many collectors call them all Dodge out of convenience...

Tekno Tekno Vilmer Vilmer Tekno
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tick

Re: Dinky? does any one know what this is? 7 months, 1 week ago #33

Platinum Boarder
I also have similar Vilmer models but Chevrolet trucks.

here is an example
www.ebay.ca/itm/VILMER-DENMARK-No-456-19...f:g:uRgAAOSwjLZePIAf

Re: Dinky? does any one know what this is? 7 months, 1 week ago #34

Platinum Boarder
Karl, I think you have a Chevy Truck on the left there. about the late 1940's when they did not change the grille much.

Re: Dinky? does any one know what this is? 7 months, 1 week ago #35

Platinum Boarder
I think we have hijacked this thread - hope no one minds. Tekno and Vilmer are my passions, so I can go on forever!

As shown in Tick's ebay link, that is a Vilmer Chevrolet. But Noble is also right in that the largest one on the left (a Tekno) is closer to a Chevy truck prototype than a Dodge. Some of the following are my assumptions - no historical record has been found so far!

Lego or perhaps another Danish toy producer made a Chevy truck in 1/43 or 1/50 scale in many variations. Yes, that Lego - all in plastic. Their ads called it a Chevy. Then Tekno and at least one other Danish toy company made their own variation in metal. These were generic and never advertised as Chevy (or Dodge), perhaps to avoid being sued. They looked a little like their smaller Dodge trucks; hence, collectors call them Dodge!

Clear as mud?
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Dinky? does any one know what this is? 7 months, 1 week ago #36

Platinum Boarder
I forgot to say that Tekno was one of the first companies to make specific wheels for each toy vehicle. The large Dodge on the left as well as the other large ones all have Dodge wheels! My favorite Dodge: www.carmodel.com/tekno/736-1/1-43/dodge/...cassette-birra/13120
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco
Moderators: andyman7