The other man and his Dinky Toys
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: The other man and his Dinky Toys

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 7 months, 3 weeks ago #31

Platinum Boarder
I have Hong Kong dinky restorer as well lol and a Matchbox Golf in the Black and a Fiat abarth to restore one day 2040 or so.

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 6 months, 3 weeks ago #32

Gold Boarder
Some more restorage/destruction of any residual value has been achieved.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 6 months, 2 weeks ago #33

Platinum Boarder
Credit word to these & this is Factory

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 6 months, 2 weeks ago #34

Platinum Boarder
Some more restorage/destruction of any residual value has been achieved.

I would disagree with the above statement. To me there is little or no value in what you have shown but for the last little white car, Austin? What ever that is. You don't say and many here will not know what your showing.

Full restorations as original as possible can obtain half the full value of an unrestored near mint model. I have proven that with many of my sales of my own restored toys and what others will pay for having me restore them. Your first car would be in about $75.00 if I restored it and I got paid for hundreds of modes like that. Just go back here to the restorations I did in 2007 to about 2013 for proof.

I will say you do a very good job on your restorations or repaints and they all look great. Thanks for showing.

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 6 months, 2 weeks ago #35

Gold Boarder
They are

- Dinky GB 191 DeSoto Fireflite
- Dinky FR 518 Renault 4L
- Dinky FR 522 Citroen DS 19
- Dinky FR 553 Peugeot 404
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 6 months, 2 weeks ago #36

Platinum Boarder
I will evaluate on my word "Factory" , in my opinion I use the word to describe a very nice job which is very neat & looks as if it had came from a factory & in colours they could have came in, not necessary the original makers , no marks on glass etc & very nice presentation , I like to see good finishes etc & i think these fall into that category & as with all shown on here great contributions to this site.

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 6 months, 2 weeks ago #37

Gold Boarder
Thanks a lot!

I strive for the period "vibe" or "spirit" rather than doing slavish restorations.
So yes, they are actually repaints rather than restorations.

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 6 months, 2 weeks ago #38

Platinum Boarder
De Soto is the car I would go take a ride in personally I like the colour scheme with that 'floating roof' thing going on also.

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 6 months, 2 weeks ago #39

Gold Boarder
The colour scheme is like Dinky did it, so I did it too.
On the real cars the entire roof was painted a single colour.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 6 months, 2 weeks ago #40

Platinum Boarder
Here is mine in the Green with tan roof. I just put tires on this one and it came to me for free.

fallout new vegas how to get boone as a companion

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 6 months, 2 weeks ago #41

Platinum Boarder
Not a bad idea of dinky to do such a thing, I would guess it was either cheaper to mass produce when spraying in the factory or from a time saving point of view and does not look too bad .

Yes, usually the whole roof would get painted on real car such as this or that Thunderbird in the other thread.

For Free certainly is a good find looks good and most of paint still there with it.

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 6 months, 2 weeks ago #42

Gold Boarder
That would be a £20-25 example on a non prestigious toy fair around here.
I usually avoid to spend that much on a model I'm going to repaint anyway.

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 6 months, 2 weeks ago #43

Great work and off to the display cabinet!!

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 6 months ago #44

Expert Boarder
I picked up a Hong Kong made Ford Thunderbird in a yard sale last summer that was cheap because it was missing the two doors.

I have yet to find any replacement doors for this model, but I am always looking for a part source (didn't see anything in SF's extensive inventory) on this model. Eventually I will probably code 3, if I find a pair of doors from a diecast with similar geometry, that I can create the T- birds doors from.

My wife thinks it would make a good code 3 done as a demolition derby car, but I am not ready to take it to that extreme. yet.

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 6 months ago #45

Platinum Boarder
You could always make a Bermuda Taxi out of it. Being a convertible it is easy to make a roof ( See Kees post on his project) and that would solve your problem of trying to find doors as they don't have any. Now you need to decide on colors and decals and make it pretty.
Moderators: andyman7