The other man and his Dinky Toys
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: The other man and his Dinky Toys

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 5 months, 2 weeks ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Great, I suppose the driver sits in the back seat. Only a three cylinder too. Sure makes it look fast though.

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 5 months, 2 weeks ago #17

Platinum Boarder
<p>Bang on some nice white wall tyres and spray it orange or something I don't know lol</p>

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 5 months, 2 weeks ago #18

Gold Boarder
I got it off eBay many moons ago. For some odd reason, I was the only bidder. I will never forget the feedback the seller left me:

"I won't tell anyone that you bought it".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 5 months, 2 weeks ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Good story.

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 5 months, 2 weeks ago #20

Gold Boarder
I have a few more that are way too good to be restored.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 5 months, 2 weeks ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Are the first 2 Dinky Toys? I don't recognize the wheels on them nor the antenna or what ever on the little open car. What is that?

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 5 months, 2 weeks ago #22

Gold Boarder
The first is the Dinky France 1402 Ford Galaxie.

The second is the Dinky France 1406 Renault 4 Sinpar 4x4 tie in for the French children's television series Les Chevaliers Du Ciel, which was aired there from 1967 to 1969 and in which the real thing was driven by the main protagonist. It has a TV antenna.
The same basic casting was used for the #800 French army radio car and #815 French military police car.

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 5 months, 2 weeks ago #23

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the explanation. It is appreciated and always nice to know what your looking at.

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 5 months, 2 weeks ago #24

Gold Boarder
Sorry, I keep forgetting that this is a worldwide forum and not everyone everywhere is familiar with some very peculiar French tat, and that, to a large extent, even includes the French. Add to this that it's the weird stuff that fascinates me most and my collection reflects this.
Also, it looks like English Dinky Toys are much more known internationally than French ones.
Did you know that there were even Spanish ones?

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 5 months, 2 weeks ago #25

Gold Boarder
Also, please feel free to ask any questions, I'm more than happy to share my knowledge and expect the same in return.

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 5 months, 2 weeks ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Not only was Dinky Made in Spain but it was also assembled in many countries due to the laws at the time. South Africa, Also Hong Kong in the 60's made the Mini-Dinky, Macau and some race cars 57, 60 & 61-H were make in Holland in 1968. Nicky Toys was the same moulds but made in India I believe. Pelin made some and so did Sun Models, Nutmeg models and Sam Miller Then we can't forget about the Matchbox/Dinky when they first came out of the USA They were made in Macau too.
Correct me where I may be wrong.

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 5 months, 2 weeks ago #27

Platinum Boarder
I believe there were Dinky assembled in South America too.

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 5 months, 2 weeks ago #28

Gold Boarder
I have one of the Macau Matchbox Dinkys.

My Hong Kong Chevy has already been posted, but I also have a restorer.

The Hong Kong Dinkys are actually Spot Ons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 5 months, 2 weeks ago #29

Platinum Boarder
Nice Cadd7. I don't have any of the Hong Kong Dinky toys. The only Dinky I have from Macau is the first Dinky Toys that Matchbox put out to keep the name. They are Matchbox toys in Dinky bubble cards I have the 6 car set all on cards. 1987 issue date.

Re: The other man and his Dinky Toys 5 months, 2 weeks ago #30

Platinum Boarder
1984 Corvette
VW Golf
Pontiac Firebird SE
Citroen 15 CV
Fiat Abarth
Toyota Supra
Moderators: andyman7