Found a deal lately? POST IT HERE!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group
  • Page:

TOPIC: Found a deal lately? POST IT HERE!

Found a deal lately? POST IT HERE! 9 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>I found a Dinky Foden Regen Tanker for $54.00 mailed to me from right here in BC Canada.</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Found a deal lately? POST IT HERE! 9 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
This will be restored to original as I had one when I was a kid. I gave it to my son's friends Dad to sell as he had a stall at the local flea market. I know, I know. anyway, he gave it to a buddy of his that was going over to Calgary Alberta, Canada to a large toy fair and said he could sell it for good bucks. To make a long story short, that was the last time I saw it. Very disappointing and I lost faith in my son's friends Dad. He had become a friend but after that....well you can guess the rest.
Here is what I found for $35.00 Canadian.

I don't think it will be that hard to restore.
Looks to me as if I have some welding to do on the chassis. The cab sits a little too tilted to the rear and I can see cracks in the fenders but it does not look like it has gone through the chassis.
Dinkyboy will be interested in this restoration.

Re: Found a deal lately? POST IT HERE! 9 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
The roof ladders are a bit dinged up and the tank is missing the front end cap. That makes it much easier to get the rear out so I can straighten that end of the tank out.
This will be a much sought after addition to the collection of the models of my youth.

Re: Found a deal lately? POST IT HERE! 9 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Jim - you certainly know how to pick the "good" examples to restore. It looks and sounds like it's been stood on a few times - what's it like underneath.

Hugh

Re: Found a deal lately? POST IT HERE! 9 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder

Re: Found a deal lately? POST IT HERE! 9 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
If the chassis is broken right through it is under the base plate. I think it may not be completely broken making it easier to repair.
Here is a side picture.

Re: Found a deal lately? POST IT HERE! 9 months ago #7

It is in safe hands now!! Did quite a few myself in different liveries. Dents in the tank are always difficult to make unvisible

Re: Found a deal lately? POST IT HERE! 9 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
The underneath shot looks ok - but as you say if there is an issue it will be under the baseplate. Please keep us posted. Hugh

Re: Found a deal lately? POST IT HERE! 9 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Not to worry Hugh, pictures of it will be coming when it arrives. It is from my own province, BC so should not take but a few days to get here as it is expedited parcel tracked and insured.

I watched your tankers with interest. I have been hoping to find this taker for quite some time.
You may remember the Red Mobil Oil Foden I picked up about 5 years ago for about $86.00 US. This one is $54 including shipping. I had it as a kid and it was stolen along with a bunch of other toys. I told that story before too.
You will all get to see the restoration. I have tires and decals here but need to order an end cap. My order to Steve went in at the end of Nov so now I wait until it arrives. It was mailed yesterday. I will order again at the beginning of January.

Re: Found a deal lately? POST IT HERE! 9 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
2 great Corgi Toys.
1 Holmes Wrecker and 1 with articulated trailer 1137.
Thanks to Routemaster.

png image hosting

Re: Found a deal lately? POST IT HERE! 9 months ago #11

I am glad it arrived safely!
The following user(s) said Thank You: chaccamacca

Re: Found a deal lately? POST IT HERE! 9 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Nice. Good to see members trading or selling toys. I like the Ford and Express trailer. I have restored a number of the cabs in the past and a couple trailers. The wrecker I do not have but it looks to be all there.

Re: Found a deal lately? POST IT HERE! 8 months, 3 weeks ago #13

Platinum Boarder
The Foden Regent Tanker arrived on Christmas Eve morning at our post office. I did not open it until Christmas morning. It is as advertised and yes the chassis is cracked. I am starting a thread on it soon so look there for how to fix it and more.

Re: Found a deal lately? POST IT HERE! 8 months, 3 weeks ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Not so much a deal as a contest win that turned into a Christmas present. They arrived a couple months ago and were opened on Christmas morning.
Great Stuff to do with these.

Re: Found a deal lately? POST IT HERE! 8 months, 3 weeks ago #15

Platinum Boarder
<p>The Bedford already has new tires and is with the Mobilgas trailer. The three sports cars are ready to do. I have the screens and steering wheels needed. Drivers too. Tires are on the MGA and the TR came with what I presume are original tires. They are hard. I put new tires on the Austin Healey too. The Others will get that treatment later. The Monkey Mobile will sit for the time being.</p>
<p>You can see on the left, some of the spring material the Keesie uses for various suspension jobs. Also, the white strips or slats are the curtain blind he uses.</p>
Last Edit: 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Nobleco.
  • Page:
Moderators: andyman7