Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dating Dinky Toys

Dating Dinky Toys 9 months, 2 weeks ago #1

Gold Boarder
<p>Sort of..</p>
<p> </p>
<p>These last two days I started registering the production dates of England Dinkies for my relatively small collection.</p>
<p>Seeing that a lot of dinkies have two numbers and within those number variations over the years I was wondering what good references are for this.</p>
<p>Until now I used the TalkModelToy site which has extensive discussions on a lot of dinkies.<br />But I seem to remember that there also used to be a CD with catalogue information and also a lot of info on the different versions.</p>
<p>Does that CD still exists, or has the information on it gone online somewhere?.</p>
<p>Bookwise I have the Edward Force book and the big one from Rampini, but there may be more specialized books out there that I don't now of yet.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Dating Dinky Toys 9 months, 2 weeks ago #2

Platinum Boarder
you might want to look into Jacques DeJardins Encyclopedia of Dinky Toys. He has it on DVD but it has got so large that it fits on to Memory sticks now and is mostly accessed on the internet. I don't know what they cost now but I bought mine in Oct of 2018 and it was $75. Well worth the price in my mind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PoliTom2

Re: Dating Dinky Toys 9 months, 2 weeks ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Here are a couple of screen shots from my DVD. I have it mounted on my Desktop and it loads super fast now.
The Dinky 36c Bentley and the 38c Lagonda.. English and French languages too. Also has more photos of the cars and more details too.

Re: Dating Dinky Toys 9 months, 2 weeks ago #4

Platinum Boarder
There are about 4 pages for this car and here are two more.

There is extensive information on a lot of the cars and he shows the original it was modeled after in lots of them as well as sales states like the highest prices obtained for selling them and where and when they sold for that price. If your into the history of Dinky there are article and information galore in this DVD
Here are the main search page and the index page for models either by number or by maker.

Re: Dating Dinky Toys 9 months, 2 weeks ago #5

Gold Boarder
Thanks Jim. It is definitely the one I remember. I saw Jacques name also on a lot of dinky discussions on that site.

I will see how to get it.

Re: Dating Dinky Toys 9 months, 2 weeks ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I will send you a PM with his email address. Let me know if you get it.

Re: Dating Dinky Toys 9 months, 2 weeks ago #7

Platinum Boarder
I sent it, did you get it? Top right by your user name and log in should be an envelope, click that.

Re: Dating Dinky Toys 9 months, 2 weeks ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I sent is twice, once through Community/members and once from your avatar here on this page.

Re: Dating Dinky Toys 9 months, 2 weeks ago #9

Gold Boarder
Hi Jim, I got it, but it does not seem to contain an email address. Did you put it in the message?

Re: Dating Dinky Toys 9 months, 2 weeks ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Yes, twice. He is Dinkycollect. Did you not get it?

Re: Dating Dinky Toys 9 months, 2 weeks ago #11

Gold Boarder
Got it now, thanks again!

Re: Dating Dinky Toys 9 months, 2 weeks ago #12

Platinum Boarder
No problem. Glad I could help. Any other questions on the DVD?

Re: Dating Dinky Toys 9 months, 2 weeks ago #13

Gold Boarder
Not at the moment. It would be great to have such an authoritative and complete resource.

Quite fun to go through you collection to see what you Really have...

Re: Dating Dinky Toys 9 months, 2 weeks ago #14

Gold Boarder
The encyclopedia has been ordered, hopefully it will be winging its way into my home before Christmas!

Re: Dating Dinky Toys 9 months, 2 weeks ago #15

Platinum Boarder
i am sure you will enjoy it. I have had a copy since 2011 and then last year I updated it. You just send him the old one and for a lesser fee you get the latest copy. Coming from France it may take a bit longer than 3 weeks at this time of year but you never know.
  • Page:
Moderators: andyman7