Big Bedford Heinz 57 restoration
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group
  • Page:

TOPIC: Big Bedford Heinz 57 restoration

Big Bedford Heinz 57 restoration 9 months ago #1

Expert Boarder
<p><span class="intronot" style="color: #000;">Purchased as a bag of parts, missing the van floor and the rear doors. First stage was making a new floor. The material was from metal framing, studding, as used in the building industry. Very inexpensive and quite useable. Careful measuring, cutting, bending, and filing produced an acceptable floor. The doors were next, bit cheap and ill fitting, I may replace these. Stripping and spraying and detailing followed the normal pattern and I created decals for the sides.</span></p>

Re: Big Bedford Heinz 57 restoration 9 months ago #2

Expert Boarder

Re: Big Bedford Heinz 57 restoration 9 months ago #3

Expert Boarder

Re: Big Bedford Heinz 57 restoration 9 months ago #4

Expert Boarder

And yes I know the rear door hinge is a little bent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Big Bedford Heinz 57 restoration 9 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Great work I really like those tyres

Re: Big Bedford Heinz 57 restoration 9 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Nice job, don't eat too many beans now Jeff you have completed your truck...you know what they say about the more you eat ....

Re: Big Bedford Heinz 57 restoration 9 months ago #7

Expert Boarder
Global Warning
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Big Bedford Heinz 57 restoration 9 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Nice truck and good job on the base. I had to make a few in my time and it is not an easy task at times. Notching or dimpling for the rear door catches was a hard think for me but I got it. Find my Dinky 930 Pallet-Jecta Van for how I made mine. I got one from the customer but it was no good so did my own. Like yours it fits really well.
Good idea with the Tin framing studs. I hated using them when I was in the trade. They are so loud when working on them and very sharp edges too so you should wear gloves all the time around them

Re: Big Bedford Heinz 57 restoration 9 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Nice one Jeff - but don't forget "Beanz Meanz Heinz" and usually too much methane. LOL
  • Page:
Moderators: andyman7