1939 Dinky Toys Catalogue (France)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1939 Dinky Toys Catalogue (France)

1939 Dinky Toys Catalogue (France) 12 years, 2 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Thought I\'d share an interesting part of my hobby.

Kind Regards,

Richard K

Re:1939 Dinky Toys Catalogue (France) 12 years, 2 months ago #2

Administrator
This is fantastic - does that stamp say it originally came from an opticians?!
And given how much the british Dinky Chrysler Airflow sells for nowadays, can you imagine how much the French version must be worth?!

Last Edit: 12 years, 2 months ago by Baskingshark.

Re:1939 Dinky Toys Catalogue (France) 12 years, 2 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Glad you like it... got many more, but am resizing them to fit proper.

Re:1939 Dinky Toys Catalogue (France) 12 years, 2 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Those are great. Are they originals or copies? Knowing you, they are originals. Where did you find them. Must be hard to find in the condition they are in and not may produced either, I bet. Love to see stuff like this here. Thanks for sharing and you may have opened up a whole new avenue of collecting for me. These are fantastic.
Nobleco

Re:1939 Dinky Toys Catalogue (France) 12 years, 2 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
wish they were originals. but no, I bought a couple CDs a few years ago and it had these toycar catalog scans on them. Didn\'t see anymore appear online so decided to share it amongst the toycar community. And what better place to share than ToyCollector (and GDD).

However, I do have an original Meccanno catalog from 1939-40 in English that I still have to scan (my way is high resolution), but haven\'t had time to do so.

Last Edit: 12 years, 2 months ago by RVREVO.

Re:1939 Dinky Toys Catalogue (France) 12 years, 2 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for sharing and I am interested to see what else you can share.

Re:1939 Dinky Toys Catalogue (France) 12 years, 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
I should scan some of the original dinky drawings of the cars before they were built. I have lots of those if anybody is interested. All so the full Meccano Builders sets instruction manuals for building Mecanno Toys.
JN

Re:1939 Dinky Toys Catalogue (France) 12 years, 2 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Jim, please do share them. May be a good project for the Toypedia section. A catalog of catalogs
  • Page:
Moderators: andyman7