Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: missing repro boxes

Re: missing repro boxes 8 months, 1 week ago #91

Platinum Boarder
Ebay are selling Dublo Dinky repro boxes - but they are boxes that never existed for that particular model. Two I've picked up are the AEC Mercury Tanker and the VW Van. Pics are attached.
Hugh

Re: missing repro boxes 8 months, 1 week ago #92

they look very good!

Re: missing repro boxes 8 months, 1 week ago #93

Expert Boarder
Thank goodness for collectors, it would be too easy to produce a non standard box and make believe that it a copy of an original.

The trade box should be easy to reproduce but a little down the path to consider for me right now. I will stick to pre 1960, or thereabouts, single box facsimile, and not super toy boxes just yet. I have started a separate topic for my project Makeabox.

Re: missing repro boxes 8 months ago #94

Platinum Boarder
I agree with Routemaster they look very good indeed. Everything about them is right, tight fitting flaps, well centralised, no colour cracking on the corners and it's very sharp. The only thing that might be an issue is size - which is something I've mentioned before as being sometimes a difficult parameter to get right.
Hugh
Moderators: andyman7