Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: missing repro boxes

Re: missing repro boxes 9 months ago #76

Expert Boarder
Chaccmacca - thanks for your reply, I do have many box copiles, i meant the only one on the web page was the anglia. The idea of the page is so that anyone can compile a box. There are so many reuseable components on the box with the exception of the image of the model. My project takes advantage of this, choose your size and add components such as model name, number, dual numbered box etc. Perhaps, some time later, I will have an upload link for such images, so that special colors or one off designs can be added.

Re: missing repro boxes 9 months ago #77

Platinum Boarder
For now where will you get your pictures for the original box drawings? Just wondering if you have one of those box CD's and can take them from there. Many do not have any copyright on them as it is public domain. I have 2 or 3 but there are always some that are missing.

Re: missing repro boxes 9 months ago #78

Expert Boarder
I do have some CD compilations. I have recreated a few see here:
mrjeffsplace.com/shoutthenoiz/index.php?...p;homerui=dinkycorgi
If I can't find a good quality image on the copy I will either photograph one of my restored models or find an image on the www. I then use Photoshop to manipulate it to fit.
Sometimes a bit time consuming but always worth the effort.

Re: missing repro boxes 9 months ago #79

Platinum Boarder
There are of course suppliers of repro boxes - I have used one in the UK a couple of times and I found the quality to be excellent - colour, sharpness and card thickness.

However if you want a quantity from any supplier it can workout very expensive and the one drawback I've found is where there are box differences suppliers only seem to be able to supply one and don't carry the range of variations.

Hugh

Re: missing repro boxes 9 months ago #80

Expert Boarder
I think that confirms a need for a resource where hard to find boxes can be reproduced with the help of contributors. I shall include this on my web page.
In the meantime, any special requests for a box. It would be good to have some real life examples.

Re: missing repro boxes 8 months, 4 weeks ago #81

Platinum Boarder
Mr Jeff - you ask for some examples - here is a three variation box for the DD Austin Lorry 064.
The dark yellow/orange is the earliest and the no picture box is the latest in the range.
Hugh
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: missing repro boxes 8 months, 4 weeks ago #82

<p>thank Jim, I think I can find it now. 110LB = appr. 290 grammes</p>
Last Edit: 8 months, 4 weeks ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: missing repro boxes 8 months, 4 weeks ago #83

The following user(s) said Thank You: chaccamacca

Re: missing repro boxes 8 months, 4 weeks ago #84

Platinum Boarder
RoutemasteNL, thank you. I have ordered the Staples Schutblad.

Re: missing repro boxes 8 months, 4 weeks ago #85

Platinum Boarder
Glad I could help you all out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chaccamacca

Re: missing repro boxes 8 months, 3 weeks ago #86

Platinum Boarder
The Austin Lorry No.64 isn't the only model with multiple box variations, there must be quite a few. Would be interesting to see some of these.

Hugh

Re: missing repro boxes 8 months, 3 weeks ago #87

Expert Boarder
I have added an option to change the color of the box. I will add some obvious shades as standard.

mrjeffsplace.com/shoutthenoiz/index.php?...t=Create&sc=1024

Re: missing repro boxes 8 months, 2 weeks ago #88

Platinum Boarder
Another aspect of boxes, and one that reproduction box suppliers seem to overlook, are the trade boxes. These are so important if you're building a full portfolio of a certain model or range of models.
Here is the DD Land Rover and Horse Trailer No.073 showing the full trade set of 6 and the trade box

Hugh

Re: missing repro boxes 8 months, 2 weeks ago #89

Platinum Boarder
The trade box is going to be the hardest item to find here. Not many exist anymore.

Re: missing repro boxes 8 months, 2 weeks ago #90

Platinum Boarder
Also not may models had boxes inside the trade box. they were usually divided up with cardboard pieces to separate them. Here are some random examples from a google search for Dinky Toys Trade Boxes.

Moderators: andyman7