Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fixing a Dinky

Fixing a Dinky 4 years, 2 months ago #1

Junior Boarder
Hey folks. I have a nice toy that is broken. Can anyone recommend someone to fix it?

Re: Fixing a Dinky 4 years, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
we have members here who do just that. but you may want to add more detail especially photos

Re: Fixing a Dinky 4 years, 2 months ago #3

Junior Boarder
Will do. Its the 569F Berliet Dumper. The Dumper has been detached from chassis. Needs to be resecured.

Re: Fixing a Dinky 4 years, 2 months ago #4

Junior Boarder

Re: Fixing a Dinky 4 years, 2 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Is that not held on the truck at the back with a simple pin through the box and the body? Tabs go into the cab to hold the front or visa-versa. Not that familiar with the French Dinky line. Do you have a side shot of the back of the chassis and the underside of the trailer, please?

Re: Fixing a Dinky 4 years, 2 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Nope does not fix to the chassis that way. Seems this is a side tipper and will have hinge points front and rear. Again, I would like to see the underside of the box and a better shot from the side of the mechanism that works the box.
Picture of the truck with side dump up.

If you can read French, here is the instruction sheet.

Re: Fixing a Dinky 4 years, 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Also looks like it can tip left or right so your missing some parts from your picture. There should be metal slides front and rear that I assume will determine which way the box dumps. Slide the part one way to top left and the other way to tip right. Hard to see in the pictures. They would be the letter 'V' in the drawings above
Last Edit: 4 years, 2 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Fixing a Dinky 4 years, 2 months ago #8

Junior Boarder
When I get back to my house I will take some more pictures. I sold this toy(it was perfect) and it came back returned falling apart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Fixing a Dinky 4 years, 2 months ago #9

This is one of the French Dinky Toys that have been reissued in the Atlas range so if you really want to repair it, the most effective way will probably be to search for a cheap Atlas version on ebay (there have been some sold direct from China without certificates) and use it for parts. The original French model is hard to find so is worth having.

Re: Fixing a Dinky 4 years, 2 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
belfast35 wrote:
When I get back to my house I will take some more pictures. I sold this toy(it was perfect) and it came back returned falling apart.

Ouch! That must have stung. Quite a bit I feel for you man
  • Page:
Moderators: andyman7