Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: FAB1

Re: FAB1 4 years, 2 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
I think mine needs some help but I have had it so long I can't remember where it came from.

I notice from the photo that the front "door" would be useless (if it were indeed a door) as the windscreen covers it and would not allow access.

Re: FAB1 4 years, 2 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Think lincoln continental with no b pillar and both doors opening with rear doors suicide opening andfront doors conventional. Canopy slides back.

Re: FAB1 4 years, 2 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Here is something off my drawing board, notes under the picture saves me re-typing them lower down.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dinkydi

Re: FAB1 4 years, 2 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
So the dual steering was inspired by the Tyrell then?

Re: FAB1 4 years, 2 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
The idea behind having Two sets of wheels on the front of ''FAB 1'' was simply to help support the huge engine installed during the upgrade of the car by Brains when Lady Penelope started to work for International Rescue.

It has not been revealed in real life what influenced Gerry to put 4 wheel steering on the car, The Tyrell you mention does not go back far enough to have been an influence, remember, Thunderbirds TV series dates back to 1964, then first broadcast during 1965.

If you can find vehicles from the early 1960's with 4 wheels at the front, then that could be the answer.

Rollerman.

Re: FAB1 4 years, 2 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Done

Re: FAB1 4 years, 2 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Anyway a Ford concept might be the answer.

Re: FAB1 4 years, 2 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
I think you have found it Richard and on a Gerry Anderson themed website.

Rollerman.

Re: FAB1 4 years, 2 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
Find most things. Not all things.

Since photobucket has stopped hotlinking its a whole lot harder to google images.

Re: FAB1 4 years, 2 months ago #25

www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3288972890

...which was the subject of another Dinky Toy....

Re: FAB1 4 years, 2 months ago #26

Senior Boarder
Sorry to hear about your father, RVREVO, please accept my condolencies.

Thank you for the pictures of the Corgi FAB1 & information that's just like the one I had that broke almost immediately. It probably was just a bad one & i'll give it another try at some point.
Last Edit: 4 years, 2 months ago by Webley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO

Re: FAB1 4 years, 2 months ago #27

Senior Boarder
Great info' on the 4 & 6 wheeled FAB1 too, this really is excellent stuff !

Re: FAB1 4 years, 2 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
Richard, as you know I lost my Father early January, so I know how difficult life can be at the moment. My condolencies to you.

Webley, do you still have the broken Corgi ''FAB 1'' model.

Rollerman.

Re: FAB1 4 years, 2 months ago #29

Senior Boarder
Hello Rollerman

No I don't have the Corgi FAB1, I bought it from Ama*on unpackaged it, fired the back rockets once (they worked), tried to fire them again & nothing happened, I tried several times but they just wouldn't function so I returned it & got a refund.

At some point I may get another Corgi one (I assume mine was a fluke) but at the moment I'm more drawn towards the Dinky version.

Dave

Re: FAB1 4 years, 2 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
Nope not a fluke. Simply a poor design
Moderators: andyman7