Rare 25c Flat Bed Truck?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rare 25c Flat Bed Truck?

Re: Rare 25c Flat Bed Truck? 4 years, 4 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
I have seen a few pre war Dinkys in this condition, I think this one may have spent most of it's life in a very damp environment, garden shed etc resulting in the fatigue and loss of paint.  I've put some photos of my all pre war 25 series collection below, the cream / brown / blue version was in pieces and broken in similar places when I got it:

The following user(s) said Thank You: theinkmonitor

Re: Rare 25c Flat Bed Truck? 4 years, 4 months ago #17

Fresh Boarder
Nice collection. :>)

Re: Rare 25c Flat Bed Truck? 4 years, 4 months ago #18

Fresh Boarder
Nobleco wrote:
Base plates is the way to tell the three types from each other. I did a write up on them in the Restoration Threads if you want to take a look. I showed the three and compared the differences, one being the over all length and the axle alignment.

I would like to see that but just did a search of "Restoration" and it came up with a 32 page thread - Phew!

Too late now at 11.45pm to wade through that lot - would it be possible for you to give me a page link please? :>)

Re: Rare 25c Flat Bed Truck? 4 years, 4 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Here is a direct link to the thread I am talking about, 9 pages long. The info on the base plates is about half way down page 1.
www.planetdiecast.com/index.php?option=c...2762&Itemid=2455
Last Edit: 4 years, 4 months ago by Nobleco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: theinkmonitor

Re: Rare 25c Flat Bed Truck? 4 years, 4 months ago #20

Fresh Boarder
Thank you - love your work!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Rare 25c Flat Bed Truck? 4 years, 4 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Inkmonitor. Always nice to be noticed. I will be starting up restorations again soon now that the weather is changing up here in the Great White North. First project is the Bedford Kodak van for my collection. Then a Trojan van and a Silver Wraith Rolls Royce code 3. I might put a trailer with that one. Sometime in early October.
  • Page:
Moderators: andyman7