Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 7 months, 3 weeks ago #1666

Platinum Boarder
I think Atlas did OK with this one.

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 7 months, 3 weeks ago #1667

Platinum Boarder
Both the Burgundy and the green could have been a shade darker but otherwise I agree. They did a good job on this.

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 7 months, 3 weeks ago #1668

Platinum Boarder
<p>Original Dinky could have had the tail lights done in a bright red. They would have been noticeable with the Burgundy paint.</p>
Last Edit: 7 months, 3 weeks ago by Nobleco.

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 1 month, 2 weeks ago #1669

Given the rather erratic nature of the Atlas and later DeAgostini Dinky reissues I am quite fortunate in having managed to acquire a fair few of the collections (or at least the majority of them) over the years.

I think I may have reached the end of the road though with the DeAgostini magazine partwork because my current credit card (whihc they had on file) has expired and all attempts to try and update it have proved fruitless, to the point where I'm probabaly glad they don't have the details anymore.

What it has exposed is a bizarre setup that seems to involve part of DeAgostini's empire being administered by a UK company called Model-Space, whilst all the remaining sales, distribution and customer support is handled by a South African company called Econovix that quite frankly seems entirely out of its depth in terms of coping with aftersales and queries, with the current pandemic - certainly the Econovix facebook page had tales of customers with part built partwork kits that were left in limbo.

Anyway, I got as far as issue 57 and there are apparently 70 issues so unless Econovix ever provide a means for me to continue I shall probably seek to complete the collection as and when via ebay. However I thought I would post my experience here in case anyone else has had any dealings with DeAgostini/Econovix

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 1 month, 2 weeks ago #1670

Platinum Boarder
<p>Last year, this was published in MAR Online: www.maronline.org.uk/deagostini-italian-...lection-is-complete/  x</p>
Last Edit: 1 month, 2 weeks ago by karls.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 1 month, 2 weeks ago #1671

Platinum Boarder
Well, I guess that says it all. The end of a line of toys.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amarsden5
Moderators: andyman7