Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 2 months ago #1621

Junior Boarder
Very nice model - one of my favourites.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 2 months ago #1622

Platinum Boarder
Good representation on the Dinky 565 Estafettee Ranault camper van.

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 2 months ago #1623

Platinum Boarder
Looks a good one, that is for sure and lots of opening parts too. Nice score.

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 2 months ago #1624

Absolutely. A new thing with this French Dinky is that the doors are made of plastic. I found that the original ones also had plastic features. More detail possible according to the leaflet.

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 2 months ago #1625

Platinum Boarder
<p>RoutemasterNL wrote:
Received last week: a nice example. I have never seen this one "live" before. I like it.
<br /><br />Nice Van </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, RoutemasterNL

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 2 months ago #1626

Platinum Boarder
That is interesting and plastic does flow better in a mold as apposed to white metal etc. You can't tell from here anyway. Roof plastic too?

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 2 months ago #1627

Yes the roof is plastic too
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 2 months ago #1628

Platinum Boarder
Is this from the standard "Dinky Toys with opening parts" collection? If it is, then I should get it too, hopefully... cause it really looks nice.!

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 2 months ago #1629

Yes it is and indeed it is a fine looking model

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 1 month ago #1630

And this one came yesterday: Dinky 514 Alfa Romeo Giulia 1600 TI. Another fione looking model with opening trunk and hood and slide down windows

screenshot on pc
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, 143Madness

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years ago #1631

Platinum Boarder
I have just received another Atlas Dinky From Hong Kong. The 560 Citroen 2CV Postal Van. It was shown by Jacque DuJardins back on page 10 post 140. Good looking van and I think a great representation of the original French Dinky toy.
screenshot program
best photo hosting service Base looks good and not too shiny.
upload for images Here it is with the rear door (one piece) open.
This came to me for $11.30 including postage and only took 12 days to arrive. Got to like a good deal and fast shipping out of Hong Kong for this nice addition to my Atlas collection.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim, amarsden5

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years ago #1632

That is a fine example. I really think Atlas did a good job.
Being not able to log in means I have to catch up with a lot of posts. In the meantime I have received a couple of Atlas cars
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years ago #1633

This nice Peugeot was delivered last Friday
photo hosting

And a week before that, this one came, so Atlas is speeding up deliveries

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years ago #1634

Platinum Boarder
<p>One would expect the word Gendarmerie on that Peugeot 404 (page not found) in stead of Police.</p>

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years ago #1635

Never thought of that, but there is a difference. Our friends from Wikipedia explain it as follows:

A gendarmerie or gendarmery is a military component with jurisdiction in civil law enforcement. The term "gendarmerie" is derived from the medieval French expression gens d'armes, which translates to "armed people". In France and some Francophone nations, the gendarmerie is a branch of the armed forces responsible for internal security in parts of the territory (primarily in rural areas and small towns in the case of France) with additional duties as a military police for the armed forces.[1] This concept was introduced to several other Western European countries during the Napoleonic conquests. In the mid twentieth century, a number of former French mandates or colonial possessions such as Lebanon, Syria, and the Republic of the Congo adopted a gendarmerie after independence.

The growth and expansion of gendarmerie units worldwide has been linked to an increasing reluctance by some governments to use military units typically entrusted with external defense for combating internal threats.[1] A somewhat related phenomenon has been the formation of paramilitary units which fall under the authority of civilian police agencies. Since these are not strictly military forces, however, they are not considered gendarmerie.[5]
Moderators: andyman7