Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 3 months ago #1606

Platinum Boarder
As all of these DeAgostini models are being made in China these days, anything could be disrupting the supply chain.

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 3 months ago #1607

Platinum Boarder
And they sell to US/Canada now. $25 for Dinky car is a lot I think, but for a large Dinky truck seems to be a good price... www.model-space.com/us/diecast-models.html.

Maz commented recently about this corporate marketing shift: www.maronline.org.uk/atlas-editions-has-...g-any-subscriptions/

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 3 months ago #1608

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for those two links.

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 3 months ago #1609

Junior Boarder
<p>I wonder if Atlas/De Agostini do (did?) have stocks of the ones I haven't received.  As they were scheduled until a couple of days ago, you might have thought they would.</p>
<p>If so, will they ever see the light of day?</p>

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 3 months ago #1610

Platinum Boarder
I think it is starting to look like a bit of a mess as I read more what is happening although lets hope the can get back on track with there deliveries promised. But I am not going to hold my breath on this.

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 3 months ago #1611

MazWoolley wrote:
<p>DeAgostini ModelSpace has been there for several years now. A couple of years ago it started selling off batches of excess models from various DeAgostini Ranges sold in Russia, poland etc. The same ones in fact that they were also dumping via pound shops in the UK.</p>
<p>Now they are selling excess Atlas stocks from the same area of their web site. But this doesn't mean they will sell new series they, and their group companies, create in this way so you can cherry pick. This part of their site will only ever have items that are over stocked and they want to clear.</p>
<p>Please note that apart from the Dinky series UK wholesalers have been sold a lot of models from Atlas ranges like Stobart, Police, Touring Cars, ships, subs, fighter planes, jet age etc. This measn they wil be turning up at Toyfairs and online in numbers soon.</p>
<p>In any event DeAgostini has always allowed you to cherry pick it's series as they operate a back order system for each of their collections so if you only want a few parts you just order the back number rather than subscribing but be warned if you don't catch them when they are first made available as back orders they can sell out quite quickly if popular.</p>

I guess my approach was based on the Dinky Toys specifically, where we have moved from a situation where the only official supply was to sign up to a subscription and just accept what you were sent, whereas the shift the the DeAgostini channel means that there is at least some opportunity to buy only those models you want. In terms of the direct sales being overstocks, I'm sure from their stick control that is the case but it is indisputable that I can in the UK now buy from DeAgostini buy models that have never officially been made available through the Atlas series.

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 3 months ago #1612

Platinum Boarder
Interesting view by Andyman7 where he now has the opportunity to select and buy what he can find available from the overstock accumulation.

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 3 months ago #1613

Platinum Boarder
<p>I managed to find a Dinky Atlas Opel 1900 GT from a Hong Kong Ebay seller ive used before. Quite a few new ones are available on their shop, often cheaper than European sellers. </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 3 months ago #1614

Platinum Boarder
Also, coming from China, the shipping is usually free but I find they don't have the Certificate. Not that it bothers me, just nice to have. I have also bought a few from Chine and Hong Kong in the past and only had one bad one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 3 months ago #1615

Fresh Boarder
<p>Hi, Does anybody know what models are due to be released in the Dinky Toys ll range for the UK collectors.</p>
<p>kind regards</p>
<p>Ian</p>

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 3 months ago #1616

Hard to tell Ian, I think it is just a matter of waiting

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 2 months ago #1617

Junior Boarder
<p>I've not had a reply to my email to Atlas asking them what is going on.  Their website says that "...all deliveries will continue on the same terms as previously...", but that probably doesn't apply to collections they've declared complete!  Expecting a reply is perhaps being over-optimistic, although, to be fair, I imagine they've had quite a few emails lately.</p>
<p>In the meantime, I found one of the missing items from my allegedly-complete collection - the Foden Wagon - on eBay, from a Hong Kong seller, at just a few pounds more than Atlas would've charged.  It came in a week, and was better packaged than the ones from Atlas.  So I'm happy with that.  They also have another I'd like - the Guy Spratt's van, but it's a bit more expensive.  My dilemma is, should I hang on in case Atlas/De Agostini release some more, or do I get the one from Hong Kong while I can??</p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by calopez1.

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 2 months ago #1618

Junior Boarder
And does anyone know why the HTML tags have started appearing??!!

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 2 months ago #1619

Platinum Boarder
It started a little while ago when they started to fix the problems caused by a migration to a new server. They are trying to fix it and also the picture uploader. If you use Quick Reply on the right side of the page and do not edit it, the HTML will not be there.
For picture uploads I have been using www.postimage.org It is free. After choosing your picture, pick the Hot LInk for Forums, third from the bottom. The little blue icon on the far right copies the code for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: calopez1

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini 2 years, 2 months ago #1620

Received last week: a nice example. I have never seen this one "live" before. I like it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness
Moderators: andyman7