Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!

TOPIC: Matchbox car case.

Re: Matchbox car case. 11 months, 3 weeks ago #91

Platinum Boarder
This will be a resurrection of the 1-75 series so different than Superfast.

Re: Matchbox car case. 10 months ago #92

Platinum Boarder
I have just read in my model magazine that Matchbox have some great line ups for next year including an MGB , MK1 Golf , Honda Civic , Porsche Spyder & a 60's Caddy, seen the prototypes be great to see what they release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: Matchbox car case. 9 months ago #93

Platinum Boarder
I got this Guy Warrior Car transporter from an Antiques centre , it is quite good condition.

Re: Matchbox car case. 9 months ago #94

Platinum Boarder
This is such a nice model with the orange and green paint and the Dark Grey Tires. I have a near mint one in my collection and it takes its place on my desk here in my office. Inside a clear plastic display box with Hot wheels corvettes and Aston Martins as a load. They fit remarkably well with the scale.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Matchbox car case. 9 months ago #95

Ans so much play valuye goes into this truck. Good find!

Re: Matchbox car case. 4 months, 1 week ago #96

Platinum Boarder
My brother in law came to see me Saturday & he used to work for Tate & Lyle at Silvertown, he said he would like a sugar lorry for his cabinet , so I got this one & restored it for him, I have painted it a darker shade of blue as I always felt the Matchbox one was too light to the real lorries, I have one in my collection which needs doing so watch this space, it is years since I restored a Matchbox.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Matchbox car case. 4 months, 1 week ago #97

Platinum Boarder
Beautifully done

Re: Matchbox car case. 4 months, 1 week ago #98

Platinum Boarder
You should be proud of that truck. I looks brand new again. And I thought you did not do restorations. Sure looks that way to me. Great job and I am sure your brother-in-law will be or is pleased as punch with this.

Re: Matchbox car case. 4 months, 1 week ago #99

very good! the darker blue is far better than the MB blue

Re: Matchbox car case. 4 months ago #100

Platinum Boarder
<p>I decided to spray my Tate &amp; Lyle lorry from my childhood collection the correct blue, picturing the two models together I still think that the darker is more like the real lorries were, I may get another &amp; paint it darker for my own collection.</p>
<p>I have straightened up the rar transfer since the picture was taken as it was wonky
what qualifications do you need to be a forensic anthropologist</p>
Last Edit: 4 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Matchbox car case. 4 months ago #101

Platinum Boarder
nice job of the truck. I like the color. Looks like a brand new tanker truck now.

Re: Matchbox car case. 4 months ago #102

Good job Andy!

the top of your spraying container looks like a futuristic landscape

Re: Matchbox car case. 4 months ago #103

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Nobleco & Routemaster, the "futuristic landscape" is a build up of many layers of paint, I use old Persil washing powder tubs to spray on with cocktail sticks to keep the bodies off the tubs , the other day I dropped a tub & the layers fell off , they are quite weighty , I will picture the layers that came off when I get a chance.

Re: Matchbox car case. 3 months, 4 weeks ago #104

Platinum Boarder
I have a similar problem with my spray booth. Once a year a have to scrape the table and the back wall in order to keep the dust and bits and pieces from floating away while the fan is on. Puts bits of stuff on some of my paint jobs and I have to start over. Other bits just look like a factory mess up and dust was a problem in the Dinky Factories while they were painting the models. Even exhaust fans don't take it all away. I am curious to see how thick your is. Mine only get a year or so and is quite thin actually.

Re: Matchbox car case. 3 months, 4 weeks ago #105

Platinum Boarder
this is the one that fell off , there is a couple of years worth of paint layers.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco