Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!

TOPIC: Matchbox car case.

Re: Matchbox car case. 1 year, 11 months ago #76

Platinum Boarder
I like to get things near right & I got a Mercedes this week for the ferry as this should be in the set not the VW.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO, blackstone, RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Matchbox car case. 1 year, 11 months ago #77

Platinum Boarder
There are a few variants of the Mercedes.
Does the boot open or is it fixed hut.
Also, does the trailer have superfast wheels

Re: Matchbox car case. 1 year, 11 months ago #78

Platinum Boarder
I have a regular wheel blue one already, the gold one has an opening boot & the trailer has Superfast wheels

Re: Matchbox car case. 1 year, 9 months ago #79

Platinum Boarder
Back in 1978 I got a Matchbox Container Port set for Christmas, I saw it on an advert & told my dad , so I was over the moon with it on Christmas day & played with it for hours. I still have it some where but not complete,this week I replaced it with another, it had a couple of well played with models in it so I replaced them and here it is all complete.

The following user(s) said Thank You: blackstone, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Matchbox car case. 1 year, 9 months ago #80

FANTASTIC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Matchbox car case. 1 year, 9 months ago #81

Platinum Boarder
Really nice to see. Is the mat folded up and in the box? or where did it come from? Sure adds realism to the set.

Re: Matchbox car case. 1 year, 9 months ago #82

Platinum Boarder
What parts were missing from your old set Andy ,you may be able to find them online??

Good looking set by the way I have a boxed no 42 and 48 I acquired with my other boxed 70's Matchbox cars I bought from an antiques Church a few years ago and on the internet.

Re: Matchbox car case. 1 year, 9 months ago #83

Platinum Boarder
<p>Many thanks all on your comments regarding this set. The fold out "mat" is part of the set &amp; the black triangle parts you see in the packed box are the strengthening brackets which hold the head of the play mat up right. I replaced the two fork lifts &amp; Mercedes Container truck to this set as they were play worn &amp; had been painted, the set minus it's instructions is near mint &amp; almost complete now. With regards my original set I have the box with all the plastic parts stored away some where , please excuse me for being lazy but I replaced this set sooner than look for it &amp; then have to find the missing models from it, therefore it was easier to replace it. I I am 52 7 approaching 53 with a problem with my lower back &amp; you always think that you are 21 again, my aim is to look into my loft &amp; my mum's loft &amp; sort out my collection as I have so much stored away some of which I have not seen for over 20 years. Replacing this set has fetched back many great memories as it is a fantastic set by Matchbox.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Andy66.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, blackstone

Re: Matchbox car case. 1 year, 9 months ago #84

Platinum Boarder
I also have a lot in my mother's loft! and in the garage and my room is jam packed full of model cars

Strange really.

Re: Matchbox car case. 1 year, 6 months ago #85

Platinum Boarder
Another car i have replaced is the Datsun 260Z .

The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Matchbox car case. 1 year, 6 months ago #86

Mint and boxed. Good score Andy!

Re: Matchbox car case. 1 year, 2 months ago #87

Platinum Boarder
A small snippet from a newspaper before I went on holiday.
Since Woolworths shut its final doors in UK, I have not seen many Matchbox cars on sale, other than the odd box being tipped into the Hot Wheels cars in Asda.
Lets see if they take off again , as be great to see , as they are "Nostalgaring" the great icons again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: blackstone

Re: Matchbox car case. 1 year, 2 months ago #88

Platinum Boarder
That is great news indeed.

Re: Matchbox car case. 1 year, 2 months ago #89

Platinum Boarder
<p>I second that!</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by 143Madness.

Re: Matchbox car case. 1 year, 2 months ago #90

That is good news, But Matchbox is still available in NL and in Germany, I always buy them in Germany. Superfast of course