Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!

TOPIC: Matchbox car case.

Re: Matchbox car case. 5 years, 8 months ago #46

Platinum Boarder
ebay sales don't seem to be anywhere near that value. Regardless, your sample is quite the beauty!!!!!

Re: Matchbox car case. 4 years ago #47

Platinum Boarder
I got this Lotus Europa this week, the seller marked the price down because the n/s wheel had been painted off centre, factory mistake adds to it's charm.

The following user(s) said Thank You: fseelye

Re: Matchbox car case. 4 years ago #48

Platinum Boarder
Hi Andy.

Can you show a picture of the whole underside of your Lotus, thank's.

Rollerman.

Re: Matchbox car case. 4 years ago #49

Platinum Boarder

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Matchbox car case. 4 years ago #50

Platinum Boarder
Thank's Andy for the additional pictures. I was hoping it was an early version with open-ended front bumper or missing the 'Superfast' text at the front.

Had it been one of those, you would have had a nice investment potential model, but sadly it is the normal full production model, but still a very nice example.

Rollerman.

Re: Matchbox car case. 4 years ago #51

Platinum Boarder
I have another from my childhood somewhere I also have the later pale mauve one. I bought this for £8 so it did not break the bank

Re: Matchbox car case. 4 years ago #52

Platinum Boarder
£8 is fair, especially as you now have a nice factory OOPS!

Rollerman.

Re: Matchbox car case. 4 years ago #53

Platinum Boarder
I am going to keep this set in this topic , as in the late 70's I was hooked on collecting Yesteryear's , I loved them & still do although I have not shown them,I have a large collection including The "Connoisseurs Collection" which was the last Christmas present my dad gave me before he died. This set is still in it's card board box with everything it came with, it is a shame that these sets are over looked but mine is treasured, when I get it out of storage I will post pics.

Anyways i bought this un-opened G5 set which includes  the Y.7 1912 Rolls Royce, Y.8 1914 Stutz, Y.14 1911 Maxwell Roadster & Y.5 1907 Peugeot. the artwork is great it kinda reminds me of Christmas.

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, RoutemasterNL, fseelye

Re: Matchbox car case. 4 years ago #54

Platinum Boarder
A very lovely gift set. Never seen before. Thanks for sharing

Re: Matchbox car case. 3 years, 11 months ago #55

Platinum Boarder
Just got this to replace one I had a kid, the G7 Matchbox Car Ferry boxed & complete, this is the earlier version with the correct cars later ones were moulded in red & they also did a warship one. I just need to make the missing flag.

The following user(s) said Thank You: fseelye

Re: Matchbox car case. 3 years, 11 months ago #56

Platinum Boarder
That's a lovely find!

Re: Matchbox car case. 3 years, 11 months ago #57

Platinum Boarder
Blue Ferry in great condition with box looks fantastic.

Anyone got the army ferry.
Or navy... I forget. There is an all grey variant

Re: Matchbox car case. 3 years, 11 months ago #58

Platinum Boarder
This has been an expensive set to replace, the army one is known as the Commando task Force no. G9 & also commands (no pun) a high price, Clifford Toys also done a copy which includes a nice plastic copy of the MG 1100.
Last Edit: 3 years, 11 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Matchbox car case. 3 years, 11 months ago #59

Platinum Boarder
Another of my favourites,

Re: Matchbox car case. 3 years, 11 months ago #60

The famous SM with Superfast wheels.
A few weeks ago I spooted one in the wild.
Took a photo of it, it is on my phone, so I can't upload it here