Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!

TOPIC: Matchbox car case.

Re: Matchbox car case. 6 years, 7 months ago #31

Platinum Boarder
Drak,

Great minds think alike!

Re: Matchbox car case. 6 years, 7 months ago #32

Expert Boarder
I have no idea where the cap to the pick up is.. but I can guarantee if I were to locate and buy one, the old one will turn up.

Dave

Re: Matchbox car case. 6 years, 3 months ago #33

Platinum Boarder
Having had a long weekend I had a search for these. These models are what I collected late 70's early 80's. Sorting through them I could remember where I bought them from, the majority came from the local news agents where I grew up they had the plastic wall mounted 1-75 display case on a door in the shop, the shop keeper found some of the older ones out when having a clear out & sold them to me very cheap as they were "old stock". A couple were played with but the other's I put on a display shelf in my bedroom. The caravan I bought in Lanzarote early 90's so this was a late addition but none have come from Ebay so have sentimental value to me.

The following user(s) said Thank You: blackstone

Re: Matchbox car case. 6 years, 3 months ago #34

They are great! Thanks for sharing

Re: Matchbox car case. 6 years, 3 months ago #35

Platinum Boarder
The Audi box has 65p marked in pencil, this came from a sweet shop known as Douglas's , I know this as the shop keeper just had them laying about under the cigarette display, he was not into selling toy's.

Re: Matchbox car case. 6 years, 3 months ago #36

Platinum Boarder
Very nice collection and what makes it special is you still remember buying them and where. Thanks for showing.

Re: Matchbox car case. 6 years, 3 months ago #37

Platinum Boarder
Some really nice superfast there. Good thing with these is there still easy to get hold of

My wishlist just got bigger.

Re: Matchbox car case. 6 years, 3 months ago #38

Platinum Boarder
<p>Some really nice superfast there. Good thing with these is there still easy to get hold of</p><p> My wishlist just got bigger.</p>

Re: Matchbox car case. 5 years, 8 months ago #39

Platinum Boarder
Another road set I bought in the late 70's  early 80's it is made by Kitfix Hobby's Ltd & shows Matchbox & Corgi Juniors on the display.

Re: Matchbox car case. 5 years, 8 months ago #40

Platinum Boarder
Here is my Matchbox Build A Road BR-1 set along with the BP Service Station

The following user(s) said Thank You: blackstone

Re: Matchbox car case. 5 years, 8 months ago #41

Platinum Boarder
This is my favourite Matchbox service station, I would love one , they fetch a good price these days.

Re: Matchbox car case. 5 years, 8 months ago #42

Platinum Boarder
I remember playing with this as a child at my aunt's house. I was able to find this one on ebay a few years ago for a reasonable price. Decals are a bit worn but present. The rear ramp has a crack but fixed nicely with glue. The only real downside is it is missing the service attendant and lamp posts that attach to the pumps

I think it goes great with the Matchbox Build A Road (BR-1) I have it displayed with

Re: Matchbox car case. 5 years, 8 months ago #43

Platinum Boarder
That is still a great set.

some more of my matchbox,

Note the well played with rare red version of the Fiat 1500 from the car transporter set.

My play worn Beales Bealeson lorry
Last Edit: 5 years, 8 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Matchbox car case. 5 years, 8 months ago #44

Platinum Boarder
your Beales van was valued at US$300 back in 2003

Re: Matchbox car case. 5 years, 8 months ago #45

Platinum Boarder
Not sure mine would make anything near this as playworn