Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!

TOPIC: Matchbox car case.

Re: Matchbox car case. 3 months, 1 week ago #136

Platinum Boarder
another one I picked up at a good price, the one I had had a different decal on the bonnet , one day i will find it out.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Matchbox car case. 1 month, 1 week ago #137

Platinum Boarder
This was another toy bought from the Toy Project in Selfridges, the Rollermatics Clipper, note this has a silver base which was normally metallic green and the tail pipes are not chrome.

Re: Matchbox car case. 3 weeks, 4 days ago #138

Platinum Boarder
I believe we have some experts here on Matchbox Boxes. Customer of mine has a #49 Halftrack and the tracks I sell he says are too long. Here are a couple photos of the box as I think it is not an early issue but a later issue from post MB era. Anyone have an answer for me, please?

Re: Matchbox car case. 3 weeks, 4 days ago #139

Platinum Boarder
This model only exists in one size so only one size of rubber track should fit. The model was introduced in 1958 and deleted in 1967. A 'D' box is shown.

Re: Matchbox car case. 3 weeks, 4 days ago #140

Platinum Boarder
Then I wonder why the tracks I sell, and I have sold hundreds of set, will not fit his toy. see pictures below.

Re: Matchbox car case. 3 weeks, 2 days ago #141

This is what Rob supplies me and they do fit all the time:

grey treaded track for Matchbox 1-75 49a Halftrack

Re: Matchbox car case. 3 weeks, 2 days ago #142

Platinum Boarder
Well that is who I bought my last hundred tracks from and the one in question is one of the two the last ones I have. One I sold and he has decided it is not that big a deal and does not want to send it back. I have one track set left and they measure 38mm when pressed flat. I wonder if he got two different sets mixed up? or what happened.

Re: Matchbox car case. 3 weeks, 1 day ago #143

You can always ask Rob if he recognizes the issue?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco