Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!

TOPIC: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 1 month, 2 weeks ago #361

Senior Boarder
It's a one piece component to hold the tractors in place. It clips to the flat bed, then the tractors are located in it. Scroll back a page, and you'll see how it works on the back of the box.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, GunnerJim

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 1 month, 2 weeks ago #362

Platinum Boarder
I see now, thanks.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 1 month, 1 week ago #363

<p>GunnerJim wrote:
High Theo, you still collecting too.
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Yes Jim, I do still collect. Apart from the Routemasters still collecting nice Dinky Toys.</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 1 month, 1 week ago #364

Senior Boarder
Another different variation of the Refuse Truck arrived today. In an awful box that will need replacing, but a seemingly more difficult variation to find, so grabbed it despite the crap box.

Labels on rear tipper, not on raised platform on front tipper.

No breather hole on this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim, RoutemasterNL

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 1 month, 1 week ago #365

Platinum Boarder
There we go and the two I have shows a square with a round hole in the center instead of the plain round hole shown in your image.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 1 month, 1 week ago #366

Platinum Boarder
So not similar to either one on page 23 post 342?

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 1 month, 1 week ago #367

Platinum Boarder
I should have used a magnifying glass Jim. Although the square sides are beveled inwards and has a smaller hole and not as round as I had thought.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 1 month, 1 week ago #368

Platinum Boarder
Thanks, I thought you found another variant. Not this time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 1 month, 1 week ago #369

Senior Boarder
The rear of the chassis was altered by the addition of reinforcing webs.

The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim, RoutemasterNL

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 1 month, 1 week ago #370

Great information on this Refuse truck. Never seen the differences before
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 1 month, 1 week ago #371

Platinum Boarder
That is something I never knew , the towing guide , how clever were the toy makers to realise that the model would slip sideways when on a tow truck, credit to them.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 1 month, 1 week ago #372

Senior Boarder
Happens to the best!

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 1 month, 1 week ago #373

Platinum Boarder
Excellent pair and size comparison is good too.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 1 month ago #374

Senior Boarder
They do look good together, even though they're modeled at different scales. 62-1 for the breakdown truck and 54-1 for the racing car transporter.
going back to the refuse truck for a minute, I bought a beater for the tyres, and curiosity got the better of me so I took it apart.

It's quite a complex model, and must have been time consuming to assemble on the production lines. Note the red hydrosleeve. All my others have this item in black.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, GunnerJim

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 1 month ago #375

Platinum Boarder
It is always interesting to see the inside workings of a model. Specially one like this with the moving parts. Thanks for showing.