Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!

TOPIC: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 2 weeks, 6 days ago #331

Junior Boarder
A few more added, some from Vectis, others from Sandown Park Toy Fair, ans some from E-Bay.

The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 2 weeks, 5 days ago #332

Platinum Boarder
Excellent collection Bob many thanks for sharing with us Cheers.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 2 weeks, 5 days ago #333

Platinum Boarder
That's brilliant collecting and photography is first class.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 2 weeks, 2 days ago #334

What a superb collection. That is bringing back memories

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 2 weeks, 2 days ago #335

Platinum Boarder
High Theo, you still collecting too.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 2 weeks, 2 days ago #336

Platinum Boarder
As said by Corgicrosseyed these photos are fantastic , the model set against the artwork is first class these are what toys were all about , very nice to see these.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 2 weeks, 1 day ago #337

Junior Boarder
<p>Thanks for kind comments re photography. I've started to get a few variations now too. I've found a K10 with a unique air filter. It has been suggested that it may be a preproduction model. any thoughts?Model on the left.</p>
<p>
</p>
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 1 day ago by YYS4BOB.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 2 weeks, 1 day ago #338

Not only a difference in the airfilter, but also in the lettering used in the AVELING-BARFORD. And the steering wheel and its column looks different too.
And of course, there is the version without the air filter:

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 2 weeks, 1 day ago #339

Platinum Boarder
YYS4BOB, i have two Hoveringham trucks.
If you want them i can sent them to you.
You can sent something from Corgi Toys to me.
I only collect Corgi Toys.
I like to trade.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 2 weeks, 1 day ago #340

Junior Boarder
That "sea green" version is on my wants list!

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 2 weeks, 1 day ago #341

Junior Boarder
Thanks for the offer of the lorries, but I'm only interested in mint/boxed items.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 2 weeks, 1 day ago #342

Junior Boarder
Picked up a couple of casting variations on the refuse truck.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 2 weeks, 1 day ago #343

Platinum Boarder
Museum quality examples. Wow !!!!!!!

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 2 weeks, 1 day ago #344

Platinum Boarder
It is good to see those engineering changers that often go unnoticed like in these two refuse trucks Bob. Thanks for sharing this information.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 2 weeks ago #345

Platinum Boarder
All I see for changes is a square hole in the bottom of the box and a round hole in the other one. Besides that the arms for the tilting mechanism is different or looks that way from this side of the screen.