Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco.
(2 viewing) YYS4BOB, (1) Guest
Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!

TOPIC: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 9 months, 1 week ago #316

Platinum Boarder
I agree Tick, WoW! Incredible that these toys are still available in this condition. Shows that there are still collectors out there that have them and are selling. Nice to see and I agree, it could be expensive for some. Nice K10 and the M4 is wonderful. great toy to restore too as I have done a couple now. Another must have is the Dodge Tractor with Twin Tippers. Wonderful model and I have restored one for Oldtruck56 a member here and another for a customer in Peru.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 9 months, 1 week ago #317

Platinum Boarder
Welcome YYS4BOB aboard to Planet Diecast from Australia. Excellent Kings Size in good condition and yes they would not have come cheap. That is for sure and many thanks for posting them on here for us to see. Cheers.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 9 months, 1 week ago #318

superb!

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 9 months, 1 week ago #319

Junior Boarder
The twin tipper Dodge was one I always wanted as a youngster, but never had. Although it's a later model and therefore in a window box, I might just get one if I can find a top notch example. Not chasing variations (yet) just an example of those I like. Will probably give the farmyard stuff a miss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, GunnerJim

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 5 months, 1 week ago #320

Junior Boarder
<p>
Very happy to have found this. Dead mint, I don't think it had been out of the box until I took this picture.</p>
<p>Also picked up a couple of others in type F boxes.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>and a M9</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 5 months, 1 week ago by YYS4BOB.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 5 months, 1 week ago #321

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for sharing and they look magic just as if they were found under a Christmas tree. Yes excellent condtion. Cheers.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 5 months, 1 week ago #322

Platinum Boarder
Not my 'core business', but another fine King Size below:

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 5 months, 1 week ago #323

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Jan good to see this mighty King Size on parade

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 5 months, 1 week ago #324

Junior Boarder
That's still on my wants list, right at the top!

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 5 months, 1 week ago #325

Platinum Boarder
The funny thing is that it's not mine, but my brother's. We always had our initials written in pencil on the boxes and FW are not mine ...
The model's condition is quite nice, but when I re-opened the box after many years I found the tracks crumbled to hard pieces on the bottom of the box.
So the tracks are replacements. Kind regards, Jan

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 5 months, 1 week ago #326

Platinum Boarder
All fine examples of Great King Size toys. Nice to see, Thanks.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 5 months, 1 week ago #327

Platinum Boarder
Wow these King Size are beautiful!!!! Thanks for sharing

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 3 months, 2 weeks ago #328

Expert Boarder
Jim:

Just looking at your post on the Super Kings Airplane transport. I have had one of these sitting one display for a few years without an airplane, which are impossible to find anywhere. I thought I would do a unique custom build...maybe something sci-fi to suit the futuristic cabs of these Super Kings. is there a possibility that you could give me the length and width of the fuselage and the span of the one wing you have?

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 1 week, 6 days ago #329

Junior Boarder
It's been a while coming, but the first K8 Scammell has finally arrived.

Have added loads since last post. Have another of these on the way too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, GunnerJim, janwerner

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 1 week, 5 days ago #330

Platinum Boarder
Stunning