Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!

TOPIC: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 3 years, 11 months ago #301

Senior Boarder
Nice to look tbrough these older threads and read the additional info...thanks! I have at least five of the K-4 Leyland Tippers well as the K-37 retool. There are much grander Kings out there, but this truck is my favorite. Great assessment of King Size models!
Last Edit: 3 years, 11 months ago by CKlaus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 3 years, 8 months ago #302

Platinum Boarder
I got some nice King size, just needed some new tyres and  a hook; got them for the starting price from a friendly lady who was happy to see them go to a collector

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 3 years, 8 months ago #303

Platinum Boarder
They look great , these models had loads of play value.

I got this Peterbilt refrigeration truck today, I have a Christian Salvesen one boxed away somewhere with quite afew boxed ones from my original collection.

Also added pictures of The Scammel Container lorry I got this week & put in another topic.

The following user(s) said Thank You: blackstone

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 3 years, 8 months ago #304

Platinum Boarder
Matchbox has really made some fine toys based on the original full scale vehicles of the day, thus expressing those fine similarities of the actual vehicles. I would not say beyond reasonable doubt that they are actual direct copies.  Although closer than most other toy vehicles that some will say; Ho they are copies of a Matchbox, then the test is when you look closely at the modeling artwork involved that had occurred, has only represented a very crude  expressionism of something vaguely similar to what the artist had intended in the first place when coping someone else's creative work.
Last Edit: 3 years, 8 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 3 years, 6 months ago #305

Platinum Boarder
GunnerJim wrote:
Another long time lodger in my collection is this Matchbox Toys Ltd Tyco made in China. The Porsche 944 a very popular model on our speed tracks back in those good old days.

Yes it is made in China too.

Didnt know anoit this colour variant. Now confirmed

Richard k

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 3 years, 6 months ago #306

Platinum Boarder
Ive always had a weak spot in my wallet for those speed king era chrome 5 spoke rims.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 1 year, 9 months ago #307

Platinum Boarder
<p>Found this Caterpillar Excavator for a pound (needed new tracks )</p>
<p>
</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by blackstone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 1 year, 9 months ago #308

Platinum Boarder
I have just received a muir hill dump trailer and an Orange Crane if anyone is interested
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 8 months, 4 weeks ago #309

Platinum Boarder
To all those who have passed by visiting this Thread on Matchbox some 7 years plus I wish you all a Merry Christmas. I would like to post photos but until Planet Diecast fixes the uploader then I am on strike. Cheers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: blackstone

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 8 months, 4 weeks ago #310

Platinum Boarder
a great topic, lets see what shows up in the new year, I am hopefully going to have a look in my loft when I get a chance & I have some mint & boxed ones there from my youth, artic cattle truck, American police cars etc.
Merry Christmas
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 8 months, 4 weeks ago #311

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Andy this will be great.