Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!

TOPIC: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 4 years, 3 months ago #271

Platinum Boarder
Did you end up making a B-double great stuff. I did one years ago with a Convoy rig.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 4 years, 3 months ago #272

Wow that is a beast. Great combination.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 4 years, 3 months ago #273

Platinum Boarder
Yes Theo it is a good one.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 4 years, 3 months ago #274

Gold Boarder
Hi Gunner there are some pics of the dolly on an old thread Peterbilt Super-kings Double.

I don't seem to be able to load any pics at the moment.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 4 years, 3 months ago #275

Platinum Boarder
That is a very nice truck.

Rollerman I was not aware of the racing cars colour in the sets, I know that they came in different colours so this s another peace of information you have given me thank you , I will look at the sets as from now when they come up for sale.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 4 years, 3 months ago #276

Fresh Boarder
Hello everyone. I love the Super/Speed/Battle/Seaking models. This one below took me an age to obtain mint in a mint box but I managed to get it. As you can see it is an impressive model. The K44 Bridge Layer from 1981.

A size comparison to a normal Matchbox 1-75 model. As you can see it is a beast.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, GunnerJim

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 4 years, 3 months ago #277

Platinum Boarder
I missed out on one of these and it was cheap forgot to bid on it.. Thanks Mattpal 79 for posting this one on in full display of the span of the bridge.
Last Edit: 4 years, 3 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 4 years, 3 months ago #278

Platinum Boarder
Yep. That set is awesome !!!!

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 4 years, 3 months ago #279

Great set, never seen this one before. Thanks for sharing

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 4 years, 3 months ago #280

Platinum Boarder
What a great set with loads of play value. I don't recall ever seeing the bridge out of the box and built up, that is a brilliant picture so thank's for showing that one.

Rollerman.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 4 years, 3 months ago #281

Platinum Boarder
Fantastic and I can see that being the favorite of many childeren and also adults for display. You can put many cars and trucks on that bridge.
Thanks for showing, have never see one before.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 4 years, 1 month ago #282

Platinum Boarder
I got this set K-69 today, I believe there are two types of caravan this is the  Europa the other had Caravelle on the side, the Jag also came in metallic blue. This is the later set.

The caravan has a detailed interior with curtains printed on the glazing , it also has a working jockey wheel & fold down stabilisers at the rear.

Some of the last greats from the Hackney factory.

It is a shame the number plates don't match the Jag as the caravan is a 79 T reg & the Jag a 78 S reg

Last Edit: 4 years, 1 month ago by Andy66.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 4 years, 1 month ago #283

Platinum Boarder
Here in Canada, the car would have a car plate and the trailer/caravan would have a seperate trailer plate at much much less insurance per year. I pay about $1000 for my Santa Fe insurance but I only paid about $50 per year for trailer insurance. A Caravan or house trailer would be more but not much over $300 I think.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 4 years, 1 month ago #284

Nice set, the only thing that puts me off is the large tow hook. But I realize that in the end it was and is a toy to be played with
Last Edit: 4 years, 1 month ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 4 years, 1 month ago #285

Platinum Boarder
are they classed as licence plates in Canada? & do you have to change them each year?

I think Matchbox copied Corgi toys with the tow hook as the trailer is more secure to these types.