Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!

TOPIC: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 6 years, 7 months ago #256

Platinum Boarder
This has already been shown early in this forum on my collection of big time Matchbox KS & SK's.  Has the emergency number system on the box. EM-1 Plymouth Grand Fury. I had purchased this police car early in 1990's from a very large toy shop in Geelong that has disappeared now.

Made in China by Tyco.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 6 years, 7 months ago #257

Platinum Boarder
Another long time lodger in my collection is this Matchbox Toys Ltd Tyco made in China. The Porsche 944 a very popular model on our speed tracks back in those good old days.

Yes it is made in China too.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 6 years, 7 months ago #258

Platinum Boarder
I picked this up in good old K-Mart and the date on the box is 2005. So I guess it has been around then that I had picked it up and forgot about it. Now for some reason this 1970 Oldsmobile 442 ended up among my wife's photo collection box and came to life after Roslyn was sorting out some photos for the grandchildren.

Made in China by Mattel Matchbox. The information also states this is a Limited Edition of 20,500. Would this really be true?
Last Edit: 6 years, 7 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 6 years, 7 months ago #259

Platinum Boarder
Another eBay win I think. K65 Plymouth Emergency Rescue set. Made in England. 1979

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 6 years, 7 months ago #260

Platinum Boarder
These are a couple of my favorites.

I will post the photo of the plastic Dragster on a plastic car topic

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 6 years, 7 months ago #261

The Daf is soooo nice

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 6 years, 7 months ago #262

Platinum Boarder
I also have a boxed Daf with a porta cabin load some where.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 6 years, 7 months ago #263

Platinum Boarder
Lucky for me I've already seen your Hong Kong copy which is excellent. However this forum is only for what the description states above, Lesney Matchbox King Size and Super-Kings and I like to keep it that way thanking you kindly Gunner Jim.

As you may have seen that I do have a very large collection of them.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 6 years, 7 months ago #264

Platinum Boarder
Andy66 wrote:
These are nice, I have a Lucky Toys Hong Kong copy of the Mercury Dragster I will find it out & post the picture.

It is only for Lesney Matchbox. Thank you.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 4 years, 4 months ago #265

Platinum Boarder
I got this today , the box has seen better day & the car play worn but for less than £5.00 a nice add to my collection

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 4 years, 4 months ago #266

Platinum Boarder
Good buy for that price for the full set. Most times when they appear on eBay or the likes they have been separated and sold separate while the trailer is often sold alone minus its plastic body tray.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 4 years, 4 months ago #267

Platinum Boarder
nice score !!!!

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 4 years, 4 months ago #268

Platinum Boarder
I just went trough this entire thread Jim, and a good one it is. Thanks for sharing all those models.

I had quite a few King Size growing up so I really like when I get a hold of one. For some reason I have a fetish for the Superkings as well but just the ones with those 5 spoke chrome hubs. The hubs don't match some of the models very well, but I think the hubs are really sharp looking. I try to grab those models when I can. So far I have a few police, ambulance, wrecker/recovery, a Porsche and a transport.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 4 years, 4 months ago #269

Platinum Boarder
Nice to have the less common White Grand Prix car on the trailer, it is normally the Yellow version. I had this set when new and thought it was great and I even got another Red Grand Prix car to go with it. 

More models waiting to be returned to my collection!

Rollerman.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 4 years, 4 months ago #270

Gold Boarder
Hi Jimmy how`s things, the old Peterbilt Kingsize double-double lol!

The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim, RoutemasterNL