Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!

TOPIC: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 7 months ago #241

Jan Willem

that DAF army vehicle is awesome, have never seen it before.

Great model, thanks for sharing

Theo

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 7 months ago #242

Platinum Boarder
First Off welcome aboard Planet Diecast Jan. You mentioned doing a bit of a hitch in the Dutch Army then you have a colleague here a long time member Richard known as RVREVO who is one of the moderators on PD.

Anyway back to subject: I have the IVECO car transporter K-159 Porsche livery in the catalogue of 1988 as being a new release with two Porsche cars number 959 on them which you still do have. The Bedford Skip truck K-28 came out in 1978 by Lesney while the Range Rover K-64-A came out in 1978 too, which I do not have as yet.

Cheers

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 7 months ago #243

Platinum Boarder
The DAF Ambulance BK-112 made its debut in 1977 and belongs to the Battle King series started in 1974 with tanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 7 months ago #244

Platinum Boarder
Back on the outback track again with the follow up with the Ford LTS series by Lesney Products Co Ltd and by Matchbox International Ltd. Both chassis designs for the LTS indicate that the copyrights were initiated in 1973.

The Helicopter Transporter with the Ford LTS K-92-A appeared in the 1983 catalogue although Nancy Schiffer has noted it was released in 1982. Made in England by Matchbox Int Ltd.  Note the changed Super Kings chrome wheel hubs. Also the other change was to a more solid axle system and gone was the flex type droopy bendy axle system.

Nothinglike having a couple of spare prime movers.
Last Edit: 7 years, 7 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 7 months ago #245

Platinum Boarder
Just a small glance at the different tractors or prime movers that came out with the Ford LTS series.

Lots of small colour changes like plastic parts from chrome to black red and liverys for the tankers.

The Ford LTS that have the exposed cross members in the chassis has the number K-16/18 and appear in the Nancy Schiffer and indicates that the K-18-B Articulated Tipper was copyright in 1974. The K-16-B Petrol Tanker doesn't have a date in Nancy Schiffer book. The K-92-A came out in 1982 and has the enclosed rear chassis.

Most noticeable change is to the wording and number. The red chassis has the number K-115 Lesney Co Ltd and green chassis has no number and was produced by Matchbox Int Ltd and possibly released in 1983.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 7 months ago #246

Platinum Boarder
8 variants or livery's were released with the Petrol Tanker K-16-B series.

Might get around to collecting them all one day.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 7 months ago #247

Platinum Boarder
K-18-B Articulated Tipper by Lesney Co Ltd 1974 and on they went through the years like nearly ten years in production. Must have been popular as all these that I have were purchased at our local Sunday Markets or Boot sales.

Might go after one in a box like new type one day.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 7 months ago #248

Platinum Boarder
The different livery's from the catalogues indicate the variety that was available.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 7 months ago #249

Platinum Boarder
The K-18-B  Articulated Tipper Ford LTS from the catalogues.

This one above looks good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 6 years, 7 months ago #250

Platinum Boarder
Ford Capri 11 number K59 entered the toy market in 1976 and came out with labels and without in their renditions. actually this is the last Super Kings I had purchased last year as I started buying some Dinky's that I liked.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 6 years, 7 months ago #251

Platinum Boarder
Another one from last year's purchases or should I say wins on eBay. Mercury Police Commuter, number K23-A 1969.  Hello the base says car which differs from the book. To me it is a wagon.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 6 years, 7 months ago #252

Platinum Boarder
Another Mercury Cougar the K21-A 1968. Came out in two renditions.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 6 years, 7 months ago #253

Platinum Boarder
The K21-B Cougar Dragster K21-B which followed the number in 1971. Dinamite labels.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 6 years, 7 months ago #254

Platinum Boarder
Some more from last years winnings on eBay. The K49-A Ambulance from 1973 in reasonable condition.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 6 years, 7 months ago #255

Platinum Boarder
These are nice, I have a Lucky Toys Hong Kong copy of the Mercury Dragster I will find it out & post the picture.