Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!

TOPIC: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 7 months ago #226

Platinum Boarder
Super Kings K-109 Petrol Tanker in Shell livery 1984 made in England by Matchbox International.  The IVECO Shell tanker was listed new in the 1984 catalogue and again the following catalogues of 1984/85-85-86.

The IVECO petrol tanker changed number to K-131 in 1987-88 catalogues and its colour to nearly all red body with some black trim and gray chassis having the TEXACO livery and was made in Macau by Matchbox International.

In the 1989 catalogue issue the number continued with the K-131 number while changing its colour to all white with the same TEXACO livery. Looks like the production run for this designed tanker lasted about the 5 year run at least.  Don't have anymore evidence at the moment to say otherwise.

Boot sale pick up in the 1990's made in Macau. Needs the ladder. Bit rough around the edges.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 7 months ago #227

Platinum Boarder
Was just about to say I remembered this one could steer and there's the Texaco one with the push light steering system that was so evident in the nineties.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 7 months ago #228

Platinum Boarder
Let me know when you get to the Porsche 911 Turbo. I think I have all the variants now, even a couple that I didn't know about.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 7 months ago #229

Platinum Boarder
These two Super Kings arrived the other day in the mail, adding to my growing collection of Super Kings Series.

The K-126 Helicopter Transporter with the RN logo and Royal Navy tampa on the DAF prime mover and helicopter appeared in the 1987-1989 catalogue that I have although this series of the DAF may have been issued in 1986. Medium blue cab and chassis, trailer and helicopter with dark blue body with bright orange pontoons while white interior completed the colour scheme.  Made in China and having K126/128 numbers underneath the chassis of the prime mover (truck)  Also the low bed trailer has the patent number 1238927 for 1982. This low bed trailer had been used many times within its decade of production.  The box has Matchbox Toys Ltd and TYCO Industries indicating that TYCO had continued on with this series after purchase of the company.

I knew straight away that Miss Solo on the Ford A Series belonged to the boat transporter series that was made in England, K27 of 1977 copy right date, didn't belong to this plane transport semi low bed trailer which was from the latter period of the Super Kings series.

I wanted the plane as it had all its wings for a change. Anyway looks practical and neat too.
Last Edit: 7 years, 7 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 7 months ago #230

Platinum Boarder
Actually I think I do have this Scammell tractor in red as shown in the 1984 catalogue as the K-106 Aircarft Transporter. Looks like I can play swap around and make two out of one low bed. But that is cheating but who cares.

From the 1987 catalogues issue.

The RN from the 1989 catalogue issue. The Matchbox Toys 'The Tyco Years" 1993-1994 does have the 1986 release patent date. In the 1992 catalogue issue shows colour and decal make over to the Coast Guard series that I already have.  Yes they all have that press the amber lights on the roof to change direction of the front wheels steerage.

Will have to take a photo of them together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 7 months ago #231

Platinum Boarder
So lets take a little walk around with the camera to a picture showing of this rather good looking rig.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 7 months ago #232

Platinum Boarder
Turn them over to see the condition remarkable as it is, this rig has never been out of its box. Purchased this K-126 from the USA as a buy me now couldn't wait to part with my cash for this one.  Actually I have bought off this same seller on eBay before as Buy me Now.

Now if we press the amber light no it is yellow I think and we can steer left.

And if we press the other side light we go right right.

I did that for Richard.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 7 months ago #233

Platinum Boarder
Just check out the low beds.

Now I know why those holes are often in these low-beds.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 7 months ago #234

Platinum Boarder
Well we just say swap around a bit. I picked this up just before Christmas from a eBay seller in Western Australia. Come to think of it I have bought from this seller before over the years. Strange how that happens sometimes.

In rather good condition anyway for the K-27-B Boat Transporter prime mover that came out in 1978 and the Miss Solo was shown in the 1983 catalogue just for interests sake.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 7 months ago #235

Platinum Boarder
While on the subject of Helicopters, lets have a look at them all together, just for comparison sake. Same main body is used while some minor changes to their theme being depicted.

Notice that large out-rigged camera inspired in those days.   Now they have infrared heat seeking image finder in digital colour seeking them out in pitch darkness.

Edit: I wonder if those spray bars were for spraying Agent Orange. Nah maybe detergent for oil spills.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 7 months ago #236

Platinum Boarder
Helicopter Transporters.

More trucks to come.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 7 months ago #237

Very nice collection of transporters and helicopters. I have never seen the DAF before.

It looks stunning
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 7 months ago #238

Platinum Boarder
James some more fine Superkings on display here. Exactly how many of these do you have? it seems like you have every model they made.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 7 months ago #239

Platinum Boarder
I think I am on the down hill run now with my truck collection. I will have to do another check to make sure. Then I will be showing my Battle Kings and Adventure series then onto cars as I don't have many of them at all.

Re: Gunner Jim's Lesney Matchbox Kings-Size and Super-Kings including Universal and Tyco. 7 years, 6 months ago #240

Platinum Boarder
There are so many nice King size Matchboxes on these pages; some of them I had not seen before.

I have only got a few of them :

The race transporter in Porsche livery ; I bought it som 15 years ago in an old toy shop in a small village. All those shops seem to have gone now.

The box has the truck in Matchbox livery on it.

And the Daf military Ambulance ; I had tohave it , because the real one was in use in the Dutch army when I spend some time there. Only the real one had a fixed roof.

And the fire brigade Range Rover , I ve got the 2 fire fighters as well

and last (but not least) thev Bedford Container lorry , without any transfers on it.

regards

Jan Willem