Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!
  • Page:

TOPIC: harvey is a scam

harvey is a scam 8 years, 7 months ago #1

Senior Boarder

Its not even dark blue.   LOL

RecoverT's number 3

who cares about the box when the paint, decals, labels are whatever are fake absolute. Wheels, what wheels.

Re: harvey is a scam 8 years, 7 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
looks like the wrong truck was used too.

big difference.

Re: harvey is a scam 8 years, 7 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I thought it looked wrong. Good eyes Richard

Re: harvey is a scam 8 years, 7 months ago #4

Senior Boarder
maybe some gray/silver wheeled 20-B's came in the earlier style (20-A) box's...

BTW these wheels look gray to me. I only own the black wheel variation myself. gray worth slightly more but silver a lot more. Can someone post pics of the difference between silver and gray.

pics of the one I have, boxless (but 100% original). the blue is actually darker than how it looks in the following pictures. 2nd pic is closest to the actual shade of blue, but still not dark blue enough.

Re: harvey is a scam 8 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder

maybe some gray/silver wheeled 20-B's came in the earlier style (20-A) box's...

Not to my knowledge.

Photo made from Rodger Darkens (Tractorboy) Variations Guide.

Tractorboy's entire collection used to be in the gallery but the move must've lost it all.
Last Edit: 8 years, 7 months ago by RVREVO.

Re: harvey is a scam 8 years, 7 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Taken from "Matchbox" From 1953 to 1969, 1-75 Series Regular Wheels. Published by A.M. I. Second Printing, 1983

20-2 or b as you will. ERF 686 Truck, dark blue body, silver radiator, headlights and bumper. No.20 cast on black base. 8 plastic wheels on 4 axles, "Ever Ready for LIfe" decal on sides of body. 2 5/8", 1959

7 variations Wheels and axles described as:

a) small dark gray plastic, crimped

b) small dark gray plastic, rounded

c) small light gray plastic, rounded

d) large dark gray plastic, rounded

e) large light gray plastic, rounded

f) small silver plastic, rounded

g) small black plastic, rounded

There won't be may silver wheeled models out there. This book also has a number system to tell value. You would need 15 comperable models to trade for one of these silver wheeled versions where al the rest would need 8 and the last variation would need 7. That is how I read the system in the front of the book. I can clarify further if anyone wants.

Re: harvey is a scam 8 years, 7 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
just simply say SPW HTF

Re: harvey is a scam 8 years, 7 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Ya, I suppose that works too.

Re: harvey is a scam 8 years, 5 months ago #9

Senior Boarder
I have seen other cases of this same model with wrong box...

and a few with correct one...

MIB (with orignal box) is a very very loose term IMO these days...

one of my big concerns is that it always seems like the rarest models for sale online almost always comes with the original box. Even if the model is in poor condition. To me original box is the one that it was bought new with, not an adopted box (either factory made original or reproduction)

BTW some pics I posted earlier in this thread got switched to some other random pic. No big deal in this case.
Last Edit: 8 years, 5 months ago by cannonwillow.
  • Page: