Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!
  • Page:

TOPIC: site trucks roofs...

site trucks roofs... 8 years, 8 months ago #1

Senior Boarder
does it matter which roof goes with which hut with which truck...

I have 3 complete possibilitys like this, another hut without roof, and a few more trucks without hut and roof. I have no idea what roof goes with what hut or truck. I did notice the 3 roofs each have a different number though. In the pic below, left to right, 3, 7, 6 or maybe 9. It would be easier to guess 6 or 9 if 3 and 7 were consistant, but they are not. Leaning towards 9 though.

May have to zoom in a little to see what I mean.

Re: site trucks roofs... 8 years, 8 months ago #2

Senior Boarder
I can see the upload resolution may make this difficult to see. These are the 3 roof images.

Last Edit: 8 years, 6 months ago by LaToya.

Re: site trucks roofs... 8 years, 8 months ago #3

Hmmm, you got me there!

I just went to my room to see whether my site hut truck has the same number. And gues what:

The roof has number 2

The hut has number 3, written backwards.

So I think it is at random

Last Edit: 8 years, 8 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: site trucks roofs... 8 years, 8 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
My guess is probably the location on the plastic spew moulding containing more than one roof.

Re: site trucks roofs... 8 years, 8 months ago #5

Senior Boarder
I little side note. What is the best way to photograph cars for upload. I have a very nice cannon rebel XL camera, so the camera shouldnt be this issue.

I noticed the green routemasters pic of roof is much closer in reality to the pic of my roof than the pics I posted. If anything, my model is slightly darker in green yet. My pics almost look blue, or at the very least blue-green. Not even close to actuallity...

All my huts have 3 stamped inside of the bottom also.
Last Edit: 8 years, 8 months ago by cannonwillow.

Re: site trucks roofs... 8 years, 8 months ago #6

Cannonwillow
all my photos are close up photos, so the distance in this case
between the camera zoom lens and the roof was approximately 5 centimeters

I did not use flash, it was white light from a lamp
Last Edit: 8 years, 8 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: site trucks roofs... 8 years, 8 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Theo, back of about a foot and then use your zoom lens to fill the screen with the whole roof. Then you crop it to the number you want to show, maybe 800 x 600 or smaller. Try it, might give better results. Also, if you have a A setting or Aperature setting, use it with about a 20 or 22 F stop. Again, focal distance is the key there.

Re: site trucks roofs... 8 years, 8 months ago #8

Senior Boarder
Thxs for the tips guys. will have to work a little on my photgraphy skills.

Re: site trucks roofs... 8 years, 8 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
For the farther away shots, a background would also help. I would recommend white or gray.
Last Edit: 8 years, 8 months ago by StarbaseBravo.

Re: site trucks roofs... 8 years, 7 months ago #10

Senior Boarder
what happed to post number 2 that showed close-ups of the 3 roofs. somehow a pics from a later unrelated thread replaced these pics. At least thats what I see...

Re: site trucks roofs... 8 years, 7 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
I am seeing the same if you mean the ERF 686 8 wheel Foden truck by Lesney Matchbox. Oh and the Britains catalogue booklet. Could be caused by ghosting images taking over in the members gallery. I have been having this problem for ages.

Re: site trucks roofs... 8 years, 7 months ago #12

Administrator
Sorry about this, it is very weird. I am having someone look into it. In the meantime cannonwillow, is the missing photo in a gallery on Toy Collector or did you upload it directly from your PC? Let me know and if the latter, email it to me and I'll replace it in the message for you.

Re: site trucks roofs... 8 years, 7 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
only have one sitehut, but I suspect the number indicates the line it rolled off.

Re: site trucks roofs... 8 years, 7 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Richard, you may very well be correct. Or maybe the factory the were made in????

Re: site trucks roofs... 8 years, 7 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
my understanding from Lesney is that everything was made in-house until the late-60s early 70s with the transitionals into superfast.
  • Page: