Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Repro Matchbox Lesney stand.

Repro Matchbox Lesney stand. 8 years, 8 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
After seeing this stand on Ebay, I stuck it in my watch list and bought it when i had the money. But the silly seller sent me superfast instead of regular wheel's which is what i was after.

I kept it anyway and gave the seller good feedback as i like the superfast stand, will get the regular wheels one soon.

So this is how it looks filled up with playworn,excellent and mint models, it holds 24 models in total, although 20 are pictured because that's all i have.

Now as you can see from this picture the stand is stepped, but when received it is flat packed, so basically all you do is assemble it. It come's pre scored so just the folding is needed to get it looking like it should, the side piece's are made from the same material as for sale sign (Fluted Plastic) so google tell's me.

Now in the auction description it tell's you use a strong adhesive glue, but where the card is flimsy and was a pain to try and stick using glue i went for sellotape and worked fine just used a lot to do that, you three of the piece's two on each end and one for the middle, i figured that it is stable with just two end pieces as 24 car's do not weigh that much.

Although it look's tacky from the side's once placed in a display cabinet it does look pretty darn good, i like it and would welcome quite a few more my way. 

As they only cost £10 and the postage is really cheap as well. the link is below for this guy's ebay store, makes stand's for Corgi,Dinky and Matchbox.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Matchbox-Superfast-Free-Standing-Repro-Display-Stand-/280735602716?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&hash=item415d25581c#ht_500wt_1054

And finally on the quality of the print which i must say is excellent, so all in all a very good price and deal for displaying your Matchbox or whatever you decide.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Repro Matchbox Lesney stand. 8 years, 8 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Looks good mate but it only holds 24 models

Re: Repro Matchbox Lesney stand. 8 years, 8 months ago #3

I agree with you Jay,

the stands look awesome.

I bought myself 3 a few weeks ago and I really like. I think you have seen them in my resto posts

Re: Repro Matchbox Lesney stand. 8 years, 8 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I agree they do look good especially when used to take some photo shots of when displaying some of our collections. Yes I do remember you showing yours Theo.

Re: Repro Matchbox Lesney stand. 8 years, 8 months ago #5

Jay,

following your link, I found out it was the same seller. I ordered 3 pieces and I am very pleased with them. I also used sellotape  instead of glue

Still wondering if I should use styropor for strengthening.

Re: Repro Matchbox Lesney stand. 8 years, 8 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the link Jay. I can see myself buying a couple of these too.

Re: Repro Matchbox Lesney stand. 8 years, 8 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Theo i think sellotape was the best option, but i get the regular wheels stand i will use clearer tape as i sorta rushed the putting together of the stand so it does look a bit tacky in places.

As they only hold 24 cars which i think is a good size, because if you had the stand at full size space would be the issue as this stand is easy to display because it is about the perfect size for free standing display cabinets or the shelf.

Re: Repro Matchbox Lesney stand. 8 years, 8 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I would love to have this display (and all the models too!)

Re: Repro Matchbox Lesney stand. 8 years, 8 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Yes it would be nice

Re: Repro Matchbox Lesney stand. 8 years, 8 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
I have ordered 3 of the smaller Dinky Toys stands. The Trojan Van, Supertoys and the Meccano stand. I will take pics and post when they arrive.

Re: Repro Matchbox Lesney stand. 8 years, 8 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
I'm sure they will look good when they arrive, must get a few more now maybe for my car carrier.
  • Page: