Need a simple way to catalog my models
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need a simple way to catalog my models

Need a simple way to catalog my models 8 years, 8 months ago #1

Senior Boarder
Talking mostly lesney era models. I just what a simple way to record what I have.

for instance I have been trying to figure my varietys from list such as this

http://www.mbxforum.com/11-Catalogs/02-M...-Documents/LS12d.doc

The body can be lt met. blue, dk. met. bue, med met. blue, etc

interior cann be lt yellow, yellow, cream, ivory, tan, etc

windows can be blue, lt blue, dark blue, smoke, etc.

Even using Christian Falkensteiner's pictures from his website (which does help), I am still usually unsure of the correct variety

I dont care for this sort of system. especially when it comes to shades (lt, dk or med amber windows is just the worst to figure, especially with different shades of interior to take into consideration). Dont even get me started on the hard to see wheel strip that is hardly visable.

Bottom line is there a less complex variety list that can be used that at the very least is shade tolerant. Gees I could lighten the shades using heat lamps (assuming no tampos) to get a slightly different variety.

Ok all i'm asking is if there is a simple variety checklist online..(TL)

Re: Need a simple way to catalog my models 8 years, 8 months ago #2

Hmmmm, I see what you mean, the list from the link is a bit confusing to me

I have not come across a to use list online, so I think you should make one yourself. I find Excell very helpfull on making lists

Re: Need a simple way to catalog my models 8 years, 8 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
try using a spreadsheet like from MS Excell.

I've been trying to catagorise my 5000+ orso Matchbox cars for the past twenty years mainly to get a better overview of what I have and what I want.

Ofcourse the problem is the variantions.

Couple good sites to peruse at your leisure are:

nigelsworld.homeip.net/diecast/new.php?sincedays=7

and

vintage-british-diecasts.lefora.com/

the latter is very detailed.

Re: Need a simple way to catalog my models 8 years, 8 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
by the way the Citroën Break also comes as an Ambulance.

Dana Johnson's value guide only shows 19 variations.

I think you'll like Vintage British Diecasts. They've been categorizing Matchbox for quite a number of years.

Re: Need a simple way to catalog my models 8 years, 8 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
I recently bought a Matchbox Book from an ebay seller. sschatvet. one of Richards finds for me and that is where he got his Blue MGTD from. I also purchased on but it is on the way. I bought a book called Matchbox from 1953 to 1969, 1-75 Series Regular Wheels. Published by A.I.M.(American International Matchbox) and it was only $4.99. Lists all the variations of the models and is in a drawn format as it is pre computer being first published in 1976 then reprinted in 1983. IT seems to be quite extensive and may be what you are looking for to establish which variations you have.

Then into the Spreadsheet program. There is also Data Village for Data Bases for you cars.
  • Page: