my son opened some of my blister packs today when I was at work.ouch...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!
  • Page:

TOPIC: my son opened some of my blister packs today when I was at work.ouch...

my son opened some of my blister packs today when I was at work.ouch... 8 years, 8 months ago #1

Senior Boarder
Luckily I have more than 1 of any of them that he ripped into. In all he opened about 25 packs. I know I lost a fair amount of value, dont know exactly how much though...

camera not handy ATM but here are a couple scans of whats left of the cards

Last Edit: 8 years, 8 months ago by cannonwillow.

Re: my son opened some of my blister packs today when I was at work.ouch... 8 years, 8 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Ouch indeed, my daughters are young but i have drilled it into them to leave my cars well alone, plus it helps because my daughter's have shed load of cars of their own to bust up.

Re: my son opened some of my blister packs today when I was at work.ouch... 8 years, 8 months ago #3

Senior Boarder
BTW I just recently brought over to my home a collection that has been stored in a closet over at my parents. This just a few weeks ago. My sister started selling some of my  stuff stored over there without my knowledge on Ebay. Now that I have rescued my collection I have a renewed interest. Most of my collection is pre superfast but only a few of them have original boxes and they are in all stages of condition. But when superfast was introduced I bought many blister packs, I got very few with boxes. Was wondering if I should try to remove any of the stores price stickers and if so what is the safest way of doing so. I guess putting the cars back in the blisters and taping them to the cards is better than nothing for the ones that were ripped open...

thoughts, comments will be appreciated.

Re: my son opened some of my blister packs today when I was at work.ouch... 8 years, 8 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Leaving price sticker's on vintage diecast boxes adds authenticity, so i would not risk tearing the packet, but usually the sticker has lost its stickyness with it being so old so may come off easy.

As for sticking the blisters back on the cards try and use a really clear tape as you want make them look as though the blisters were never ripped off.
Last Edit: 8 years, 8 months ago by dinkyjay.

Re: my son opened some of my blister packs today when I was at work.ouch... 8 years, 8 months ago #5

Senior Boarder
I agree with what dinky jay said about the price labels also there no easy way to pull them off.

as for the blister I would try and buy the carded model again

Re: my son opened some of my blister packs today when I was at work.ouch... 8 years, 8 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I would actually recommend plain white Elmer's glue to reattach to the card if desired. Apply it, very thinly, with a brush only on the area of the blister where the original heat seal was used. 
Last Edit: 8 years, 8 months ago by StarbaseBravo.

Re: my son opened some of my blister packs today when I was at work.ouch... 8 years, 8 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
I agree about the stickes, leave them be. It also dates them by the prices on them. .88¢ for one, WoW.

The blisters I have stuck back on by using a non acid glue stick for photos etc like UHU stick glue. Just where the blister touches the card. That has worked will for the few Hot Wheels I have taken from thier blisters. White glue will work just as well, I would think.

Re: my son opened some of my blister packs today when I was at work.ouch... 8 years, 8 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
 My sister started selling some of my  stuff stored over there without my knowledge on Ebay

thoughts, comments will be appreciated.

I would probably reconsider the relationship with my sister if this sort of thing went on.

Frame.

Re: my son opened some of my blister packs today when I was at work.ouch... 8 years, 8 months ago #9

Senior Boarder
I agree about the stickes, leave them be. It also dates them by the prices on them. .88¢ for one, WoW.

The blisters I have stuck back on by using a non acid glue stick for photos etc like UHU stick glue. Just where the blister touches the card. That has worked will for the few Hot Wheels I have taken from thier blisters. White glue will work just as well, I would think.

Some of them were for .77 from Venture and Toy Chest!

Re: my son opened some of my blister packs today when I was at work.ouch... 8 years, 8 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Oh dear what could the matter be. Anyway nothing like a bit of gluing back together again.
  • Page: