Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lesney Matchbox factory.

Lesney Matchbox factory. 8 years, 8 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
As i am in the process of starting some lesney projects as spring is nearly here and a good time to get started.

I currently have two Ford Gt racers, Pontiac convertable swp crimson base just need new windsheild and have sourced that along with those hard plastic tyre's for the Ford's and the red and white Vauxhall Cresta which i fancy as a police car.

Now on my search for these parts i found this site which is an interesting read and has a few good photo's of the Lesney factory in action and a breif description of what was going on in the picture, enjoy!

http://www.vintagebritishdiecasts.co.uk/factory.htm

Re: Lesney Matchbox factory. 8 years, 8 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the link, great read and wonderful pictures of days gone when people ran the machines instead of the machines running themselves.

Re: Lesney Matchbox factory. 8 years, 8 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Ye have read this site a few times but never really read the history bit, the pictures of where Lesney made big mistakes on the production is interesting also.

Re: Lesney Matchbox factory. 8 years, 8 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Here is a site that has been around for years - some of the same photos are shown, but also some different ones!

www.matchboxmemories.com/Lesney%20Histor...ney_history.htm#Some

Re: Lesney Matchbox factory. 8 years, 8 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Last Edit: 8 years, 8 months ago by karls.
  • Page: