Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!
  • Page:

TOPIC: My small Matchbox Collection

My small Matchbox Collection 3 months, 2 weeks ago #1

<p>Buying this perspex display cabinet off a fellow collector, I thought it would be nice to show it filled with a few of my Regular Wheels.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>So I had to dig out the crate with the MBs.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Spread out on the table</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>And the filled cabinet</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: My small Matchbox Collection 3 months, 2 weeks ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Very nice !
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: My small Matchbox Collection 3 months, 2 weeks ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Nice collection, i like the display case.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: My small Matchbox Collection 3 months, 2 weeks ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Excellent score from a fellow collector. Nice to see them back out in the air again after being boxed up for ... How Long?

Re: My small Matchbox Collection 3 months, 2 weeks ago #5

At least 4 or 5 years Jim. These Regular Wheels are so nice. Especially the early ones

Re: My small Matchbox Collection 3 months, 2 weeks ago #6

Platinum Boarder
The Cortina on the third shelf and the Zephyr on the bottom shelf need to be with their family on the top shelf.

Re: My small Matchbox Collection 3 months, 2 weeks ago #7

Platinum Boarder
That is quite a collection especially if it is one you do not add many models to it because it may not be your main collecting interest.

Thanks for showing them Theo.

Rollerman.

Re: My small Matchbox Collection 3 months, 1 week ago #8

Platinum Boarder
There is something about Matchbox toy cars that grabs me & brings the child back into my head, looking into that box full of them just takes me back to a very happy time, thank you it has cheered me up.

Re: My small Matchbox Collection 3 months, 1 week ago #9

<p>Dinkydi wrote:
The Cortina on the third shelf and the Zephyr on the bottom shelf need to be with their family on the top shelf.
</p>
<p>Thank you for pointing that out to me Malcolm. I just put them there because of the space they take on the shelf, trying to maximize the shelf width </p>

Re: My small Matchbox Collection 3 months, 1 week ago #10

<p>TheRollerman wrote:
That is quite a collection especially if it is one you do not add many models to it because it may not be your main collecting interest. Thanks for showing them Theo. Rollerman.
</p>
<p>My pleasure Kevin. I am glad you like them..</p>

Re: My small Matchbox Collection 3 months, 1 week ago #11

<p>Andy66 wrote:
There is something about Matchbox toy cars that grabs me &amp; brings the child back into my head, looking into that box full of them just takes me back to a very happy time, thank you it has cheered me up.
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Do I sense another collection there </p>

Re: My small Matchbox Collection 3 months, 1 week ago #12

Platinum Boarder
I do have quite a collection of Matchbox toys , I have shown a few of them in the Matchbox car case topic.
  • Page: