Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question of Bull Dozers

Question of Bull Dozers 4 years, 2 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Customer requests can be difficult specially when they don' know what they have.</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Question of Bull Dozers 4 years, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
These pictures are in no particular order but I am looking to ID the Orange Bull Dozer. Now name just Lesney England but not so sure about that.
Any ideas?

Re: Question of Bull Dozers 4 years, 2 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
They both say Cat D on the front top of the engine cover. Is this a second issue #18 ? it has no blade so I though a #8 but that is smaller than the #18

Re: Question of Bull Dozers 4 years, 2 months ago #4

Gold Boarder
It's definitely not a Matchbox. The only casting without an operator they ever made is the 1964 No. 8d (crawler) and No. 18d (bulldozer), both of which have a baseplate held on with a tongue in front and a rivet in the centre. There are numerous other differences and they only ever came in yellow.

I think you have dug up something extremely rare here and you should bring it to the attention of the Vintage British Diecast Forum. I bet those anoraks there can ident it in five minutes, too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Question of Bull Dozers 4 years, 2 months ago #5

A Lone Star perhaps?

Re: Question of Bull Dozers 4 years, 2 months ago #6

Gold Boarder
Lone Star only made a generic one and a Euclid 82-80.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Question of Bull Dozers 4 years, 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Well it is a matchbox Copy as you can see from the engine cowl and the Cat D8 imprint on it.
  • Page: