Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!
  • Page:

TOPIC: "B" Type Bus Variation

"B" Type Bus Variation 1 year, 10 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
<p>There are several of the "B" buses on my shelves. The most common version is called 8/4 related to the windows on the sides. The very earliest and the rarest version called 4/4 whereby there are 4 small windows over 4 larger windows. I am not aware of why this was changed. It might be that the extra vertical post creating the 8/4 added some structural strength for over zealous children. It also might be to closer resemble the real buses. Anyway, the 4/4 is worth considerably more than the 8/4. I tried to put an image in here pertaining to this but I could not accomplish it.</p>
<p>.</p>

Re: "B" Type Bus Variation 1 year, 10 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
For photos on our site we currently have to use postimages.org/ in order to post them here. Go to the link and bookmark it. Click on the "Choose Image" button. Navigate inside your computer and go to the folder or file you want to place here and click or double click on that photo. It will load. The smaller the picture (1199 x 807 for this picture works well and does not take too long to load) the faster it will load for people viewing. The next box opens with a list of choices of where to place the photos and give you a good picture. I choose the third from the bottom (Hotlink for forums) and click on the blue book icon on the right end of the line. That copies the photo, which is in text link form. Go to the posting dialogue box you write your message in and then paste the text in where you want it. Here is an example and smaller pictures than this will load much faster.
  • Page: