Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!

TOPIC: MoY Grand Prix series

Re: MoY Grand Prix series 6 years, 1 month ago #31

Fresh Boarder
The Bentley is mostly metal as the Y5-2 Bentley was cut and shut to make the main body but bits like sheet brass and resin to mould the 2 windshieds and the rear tail were also used. I have a photo of the actual car and the model is almost a perfect match to the original.
The wooden pattern was more a lucky find than anything else. It had sat in a shed for years and was originally going to be used as a prize in a racing competition which failed to materialise so I managed to get hold of it for a reasonable sum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: MoY Grand Prix series 6 years, 1 month ago #32

Platinum Boarder
Well, look at that, 'Planet Diecast' now has two of the leading 'Yesteryear' collectors on board.

I was very pleased when Mick ("Moyboy"), joined us, but felt another close collector friend was being left out, so I contacted him and asked if he had been into 'Planet Diecast' at all as I had not seen his 'username' cropping up on these threads.

Low and behold, he has come and joined us, so Bob ("YYS4BOB"), a very big welcome to 'Planet Diecast', between you and Mick, you'll soon have all the 'Yesteryear' questions sorted out and correctly answered...

Rollerman, aka GHOSTHUNTER.