Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!

TOPIC: MoY Grand Prix series

Re: MoY Grand Prix series 9 years, 2 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Still it is a nice model and well crafted from the looks of it.

Re: MoY Grand Prix series 9 years, 2 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
The die-cast body give them a good weight. And for that time a nice detailed model.

Re: MoY Grand Prix series 9 years, 2 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
so nice to have both versions.

Last Edit: 9 years, 2 months ago by RVREVO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: MoY Grand Prix series 8 years, 7 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
I think the blue Era is in the racing colours of prince Birah a famous racing driver in thirties. He was a Siamese prince

Re: MoY Grand Prix series 5 years, 10 months ago #20

Fresh Boarder
You may be interested in this one - wooden pattern for the Maserati

and this one was a mock up on the Y5-2 Bentley which was destined to be an Aston Martin but never made it.
Last Edit: 5 years, 10 months ago by Moyboy.

Re: MoY Grand Prix series 5 years, 10 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Yes I am interested , pictures please ???

Re: MoY Grand Prix series 5 years, 10 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Can I just add here that when the pictures arrive from "Moyboy", you can pretty much rely on them as being genuine and original items..."Moyboy" is responsible (with a few other 'Yesteryear' collectors), for the 'Moyboyz' forum featuring all 'Models of Yesteryear' models and I would like to take this opportunity in giving Mick Flack a very big welcome to 'Planet Diecast'.

Some of it's members will be familiar to Mick, as we tend to follow each other around the few very active forums on the Net and I think he has made a wise choice by coming here.

One problem I see developing is all my own personal model car knowledge will now fall into the hands of "Moyboy" so I can expect to see some of my articles popping up on his site...

...must start adding copyright logos to my stuff...

Rollerman...AKA, GHOSTHUNTER.

Re: MoY Grand Prix series 5 years, 10 months ago #23

Fresh Boarder

Last Edit: 5 years, 10 months ago by YYS4BOB.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: MoY Grand Prix series 5 years, 10 months ago #24

Fresh Boarder
The models in the above post are 3 of the 4 in the set. This is the 4th (I hope). There are quite a few variations on these models, aside from the colour change on the ERA.

OK, despite several attempts I can't get the 4th picture on here. As I'm new to the forum, any picture posting tips/restrictions would be welcome. Thanks.
Last Edit: 5 years, 10 months ago by YYS4BOB.

Re: MoY Grand Prix series 5 years, 10 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
Cutting and pasting text never seems to work well here - just try the same method again that you did with the 3 other photos.   Sorry I can't help more...

Re: MoY Grand Prix series 5 years, 10 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Also be aware, that the file extension must be jpg, not jpeg. I think there are also some special characters that are forbidden in filenames, but I don't remember which ones.

Re: MoY Grand Prix series 5 years, 10 months ago #27

Fresh Boarder
I tried to add photos using the links from my Photobucket page but whatever I tried the photo didn't show up. Any hints

Re: MoY Grand Prix series 5 years, 10 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
use the get links - IMG code from photobucket - cut and past it.

Re: MoY Grand Prix series 5 years, 10 months ago #29

Fresh Boarder
Lets try a different way - seems to work if I load directly from my comp files -enjoy

And the Bentley conversion by R&D

Last Edit: 5 years, 10 months ago by Moyboy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, RoutemasterNL

Re: MoY Grand Prix series 5 years, 10 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
Those are beautiful - I have never seen a wooden pattern in-person before! You are lucky to have it.  Is the Bentley-Aston Martin all metal?