Matchbox Models Yesteryear from Hong Kong Die Cast Old Time Autos
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Matchbox Models Yesteryear from Hong Kong Die Cast Old Time Autos

Matchbox Models Yesteryear from Hong Kong Die Cast Old Time Autos 3 years, 6 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I got this set this week & at first glance they look like Matchbox "MOY" but they are made in Hong Kong & slightly larger . I looked them up & they are called Old Time Autos. I thought that the hoods were missing from the Model T & the Cadillac but they did not come with them.

I bought these thinking they were the plastic ones , so was a surprise to me that they were die cast.

Re: Matchbox Models Yesteryear from Hong Kong Die Cast Old Time Autos 3 years, 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Cool find. So how do they stack up in scale and tooling design to those of Yesteryear would be interesting to see them along side of each model just for a look see.

Re: Matchbox Models Yesteryear from Hong Kong Die Cast Old Time Autos 3 years, 6 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
It's a shame but all my Yesteryear's are boxed away, however this one will give you an idea of the scale

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, RoutemasterNL

Re: Matchbox Models Yesteryear from Hong Kong Die Cast Old Time Autos 3 years, 6 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
They look very well made and I like the separate exhaust for the Mercedes. That is great.

Re: Matchbox Models Yesteryear from Hong Kong Die Cast Old Time Autos 3 years, 6 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Join the club in boxing away collections. Most of my collection is now in storage. Just as well I write on the boxes what is inside them helps me a bit. Thanks for showing the sizes.
  • Page: